Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

What's Kilgore's mascot ... the Trout?
Interesting. For as good of a runner as he is it appears his passing skills may be pretty underwhelming. As much as many of us lamented his loss, wondering if we had retained him, would he have even helped us much at all. Doesn’t seem like it.

Anyone lamenting the loss of a guy who's on his 2nd transfer, to a college nobodies ever heard of, probably shouldn't be allowed to assess player skills.

Definitely appearing like he was a developmental prospect at QB that probably had a number of offers due to projection at a different position.

Joe Fields comes to mind...

Last edited:
Man, this is a gut shot.

Take football out of the equation, and he turned down a Syracuse degree to go to a school with a hype video (for a lack of a better term) that includes the line “it’s always great to play northern schools, because none of them have ever heard of us...”

I know he’s young and there is plenty of time, but virtually every NCAA athlete goes pro. Many of which, however, don’t play professional sports once they graduate. I hope he gets his degree somewhere, and I hope he does really well in life. I’d hate to have seen a guy blow a golden ticket (which is what a SU education is if you make the most of it).

This kid could throw the football. There's a reason both Babers and Major Applewhite wanted him.

His off field issues leading to his transfers have nothing to do with his talent or someone's ability to assess player skills.

I watched Winfred Walton completely dominate the McDonald's All American game in 1996 with Kobe on the floor.

Last edited:
Anyone lamenting the loss of a guy who's on his 2nd transfer, to a college nobodies ever heard of, probably shouldn't be allowed to assess player skills.

Umm...we gave him a scholarship. Your statement is not exactly a ringing endorsement of the staff either. Players fail for all kinds of reasons.

If Amie was still here I bet he would have moved positions. If you can't start at a JUCO you aren't playing QB at SU (unless that first stringer was P5 QB material)

Part of offering scholarships is predicting how a kid will respond to an environment with increased pressure, competition, academic demands, being away from home, independence, et al. Some kids thrive. Some don’t.

Part of offering scholarships is predicting how a kid will respond to an environment with increased pressure, competition, academic demands, being away from home, independence, et al. Some kids thrive. Some don’t.
When I won my NYS Regents scholarship I thrived. The $125 check arrived in mid October and March each year when my beer money was all tapped out. It helped me to power through to finals.

Thank you New York state!

Last edited:
If Amie was still here I bet he would have moved positions. If you can't start at a JUCO you aren't playing QB at SU (unless that first stringer was P5 QB material)

I believe Amie was the week one starter last year beating out the returning starter Brock Landis. I'm not sure however Amie made it to the 2nd week of the season before either quitting the team or being kicked. He is not on the 2019 Blinn roster after having started the first game of the season. Seemingly drops off the face of the earth after that Tyler game. (He started the first half of that game and did not play in the 2nd half. They were shutout in the first half. Could've been injured I suppose but I wonder if he was benched and then quit.)

*Brock Landis is now at East Tennessee State.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom