Chargers move to LA | Syracusefan.com

Chargers move to LA

Eric15

Living Legend
For at least two years, the Chargers will play in a 30k seat soccer stadium. It's just bizarre to think that NFL games will take place here.

SYizVr5-Imgur.jpg

IMG_2237.GIF
Going back to their roots. The first year of the AFL 1960 the Chargers were based in L.A.

Last edited:
As a Chargers fan, well, ex-Chargers fan, this is a sad time.

LA could give a spit about San Diego. Incompetent Spanos wins. Yay. Would have cost him about the same to keep them in San Diego, where at least some people would attend the games. The Chargers are probably going to be the 8th most popular team in that market, while playing in that market. Ridiculous.

For at least two years, the Chargers will play in a 30k seat soccer stadium. It's just bizarre to think that NFL games will take place here.

View attachment 87091
Beautiful facility, have been to games there twice. But yes way to small for NFL (27,000)

View attachment 87091

I said this in the Nfl thread, how is Goodell allowing this? Isn't there a rule that you need to have a certain capacity for your stadium?

I said this in the Nfl thread, how is Goodell allowing this? Isn't there a rule that you need to have a certain capacity for your stadium?
Because it's temporary is my guess? Ghost so who's gonna be your team? Don't mean to ask so soon, just curious. I hate seeing fans lose their team from their city, that sucks.

Last edited:
Because it's temporary is my guess? Ghost so who's gonna be your team? Don't mean to ask so soon, just curious. I hate seeing fans lose their team from their city, that sucks.

Its not for a year, its going to be for two years, hard to believe they are allowing it.

Its not for a year, its going to be for two years, hard to believe they are allowing it.
Right, Spanos probably cried and said he could recoup more $, by moving earlier into LA or something crazy. And of course Kroenke is gonna have his back as well.

Smarter to play in a sold out 30k stadium over a
Half full Collesium.
The NFL makes it's money from TV dollars and local sponsorships.
Tickets sales are 60% kept by the home team, 20% to the road team, 20% shared among all teams.
The Chargers moved because Spanos had a one year option to move to LA or the Raiders could have moved in.
Even though the Raiders are looking at Las Vegas they would look at LA if the Chargers didn't use their option.

I'm guessing chargers to have a few 'home' games in London or Mexico or Tokyo??...

I still have serious doubts whether LA really wants the Rams, let alone the Chargers. I really think the NFL's wanting a team in LA is somehow related to the idea the league didn't want LA to get 3 games a week on TV. People are really going to be unhappy when neither teams sells out their games and it screws up the TV schedule.

No clue...never switched teams before. Maybe the Jets...I figure I should pick another hapless franchise.

No clue...never switched teams before. Maybe the Jets...I figure I should pick another hapless franchise.
Around '00 I started hanging out in this Irish Pub basically on a daily basis...great food, great Guiness, great regulars and greater bartenders. Huge Yankee pub and did great biz for the NFL, didn't have to be Giants or even jets..anyway, they wanted to start opening on Sunday Mornings for the Premier League. To may a long story short, they made me pick a team but it couldn't be Man-U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal. After toying with the HotSpurs, I dropped Tottenheim quickly and went with the jv ManCity to see what it feels like to root for 'the other' team.

They've been awesome ever since.

So good luck and choose wisely...or luckily!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom