Charleston, SC | Syracusefan.com

Charleston, SC

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Hear good things. Cousin lives there. Going down tomorrow through sunday. Sunny and high 80s all week!

With the exception of the intense humidity in the summer, it's basically impossible to say a negative thing about Charleston. It's just wonderful.
Unless you have to go to the VA Hospital their.

Home Team BBQ if you go to Isle of Palms outside of Charleston. It's a relatively easy drive. Brunswickstew and Hash and Rice sides are phenomenal. Collard greens also good if you are into them (I am). Meats are great. The pizza place next to it is terrible.

Home Team BBQ if you go to Isle of Palms outside of Charleston. It's a relatively easy drive. Brunswickstew and Hash and Rice sides are phenomenal. Collard greens also good if you are into them (I am). Meats are great. The pizza place next to it is terrible.

Home Team BBQ is fantastic!

Had an awesome lunch there and then a friend who lives locally took us to a nearby cove where we watched dolphins swim/hunt for 20 mins. They were about 20 yards away.

My wife was jumping and fist pumping shouting yessssss! Hahaha

My favorite town to visit!

Highly recommend the Folly Beach area.

Also if you like live (original) tunes and craft beer, The Pourhouse is one of the best venues I’ve been to in the country.

Yea the Pour house is great. I go there almost every weekend for the farmers market. You get beers at the bar then walk around the market with them and listen to the music

Home Team BBQ is fantastic!

Had an awesome lunch there and then a friend who lives locally took us to a nearby cove where we watched dolphins swim/hunt for 20 mins. They were about 20 yards away.

My wife was jumping and fist pumping shouting yessssss! Hahaha

Yes have seen them in Charleston Harbor also. Pretty sweet!

Here are some of my favorite places in Charleston. My son lives there and we visit a couple times a year. Make sure to do the carriage tour downtown.. touristy thing, but well worth it. I can’t wait to go back. Enjoy!

Yea the Pour house is great. I go there almost every weekend for the farmers market. You get beers at the bar then walk around the market with them and listen to the music

What the heck happened to Hominy Grill? I just saw that it’s permanently closed.

What the heck happened to Hominy Grill? I just saw that it’s permanently closed.

I have no idea. It didn’t even realize it had closed until you said that. It looks like it closed two weeks ago and neither of the articles I looked at had any explanation other then maybe the chef and owner wanted to do something new

Here are some of my favorite places in Charleston. My son lives there and we visit a couple times a year. Make sure to do the carriage tour downtown.. touristy thing, but well worth it. I can’t wait to go back. Enjoy!
Nice! My cousin moved down over a year ago. I’d love to check out some food spots. He’s 25, I’m 28 so we also enjoy some brews. He says he doesn’t live around too much but a quick google maps shows he’s like 15 from pour house.

I should correct myself... Home Team is on Sullivan's Island, not Isle of Palms. (I was staying on Isle of Palms recently).

Nice! My cousin moved down over a year ago. I’d love to check out some food spots. He’s 25, I’m 28 so we also enjoy some brews. He says he doesn’t live around too much but a quick google maps shows he’s like 15 from pour house.

If you’re looking for beer there are a lot of really good breweries too. Frothy Beard is about 10 minutes away from the pour house and is one of my favorites here. They also have the best pizza in town in my opinion. Revelry and Edmunds Oast are probably the best in the downtown area and are only a couple minutes apart. They are also both close to some good cheap food. Tattooed Moose is a bar/restaurant in that neighborhood with really good food and beer. Mostly just generic bar food but they have a really good duck club sandwich and the fries are all cooked in duck fat.

My cousin owns One Broad Street, very good breakfast / lunch / early drink hangout. Last time I was in there Bill Murray was holding court.

Opened a speakeasy in the basement but haven't checked it out yet.

What a great, great town.

Wife loves California Dreaming. I was there once. Really good. Great water view.

Charleston put me in a food coma. Almost had no room for alcohol, but I figured it out. Only been once, a late September weekend trip, loved it.

Husk - chicken skin appetizer. My heart skipped a few beats just thinking about it.

Good to hear nice things about Charleston. Doing a mini-road trip there from Atlanta next week. Never been there but everyone says I should visit. Was thinking about stopping in Savannah too but I hear mixed reactions. Any opinions about Savannah?

Good to hear nice things about Charleston. Doing a mini-road trip there from Atlanta next week. Never been there but everyone says I should visit. Was thinking about stopping in Savannah too but I hear mixed reactions. Any opinions about Savannah?
Savannah is a must see. Take a trolley tour of the historic district. Beautiful

Hear good things. Cousin lives there. Going down tomorrow through sunday. Sunny and high 80s all week!
Did a day trip there in '17 while spending the week on Kiawah Island.

Carriage Tour is interesting.
So is Fort Sumter.
Ate at SNOB. Very good.

That is all I got. We got caught in downpour on way back from Fort Sumter and were drenched so got back in car and went back to Kiawah.

Neat little city though. Beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom