Class of 2019 - Charlie Pride (NY / CT) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Charlie Pride (NY / CT)

The Pride of Syracuse - our own Dicky Eklund.

Can he shot 3?
He shot 40% from three last year, and 32% this year. Seems like he is at least adequate based on this years percentage if not good, if he can hit what he shot last year. Looking at his game logs, he looks like a streaky shooter, one game shooting 4 of 8, then the next shooting 0 of 5.

Last edited:
He shot 40% from three last year, and 32% this year. Seems like he is at least adequate based on this years percentage if not good, if he can hit what he shot last year. Looking at his game logs, he looks like a streaky shooter, one game shooting 4 of 8, then the next shooting 0 of 5.
3 guard line up?

3 guard line up?
He's got decent size at 6'4". Honestly no clue how his stats would translate to P5, but if guys like Jimmy can come to cuse from the ivy league, or Gillon from CSU, I wouldn't be opposed to him as a third guard if the freshman aren't ready, or we are completely out of the Judah Mintz sweepstakes. At least he's produced at the collegiate level albeit at a much lower level.

He went 5-30 against the 3 power conference teams they played this year (Houston, Cincy, Clemson). Woof

th

When Boeheim’s army only had finesse style Syracuse players, they couldn’t get over the hump, but when they added a few Pitt style rugged players, they won the championship.

I’d like to see Red add a few of these hardnose rugged players.
Yeah pride would be a great 3rd guard behind JJ and Judah. I honestly think he would be willing to accept that role to come back to Cuse and play in front of his hometown to make a run in March. He’s a different playing style than Judah and JJ too so would be a nice change of pace off the bench which you need. Actually would be a really good fit as the 3rd guard if Autry can make it happen

Yeah pride would be a great 3rd guard behind JJ and Judah. I honestly think he would be willing to accept that role to come back to Cuse and play in front of his hometown to make a run in March. He’s a different playing style than Judah and JJ too so would be a nice change of pace off the bench which you need. Actually would be a really good fit as the 3rd guard if Autry can make it happen
Man he is literally perfect. Big, physical, can rebound. Great compliment to the other 2. Veteran leader.

I think you could play all 3 together potentially, but would there be enough shots to go around? I think we could pencil in Judah + JJ for at least 30min each next year. But where does that leave Quadir? I think we will see based on the portal movement to/from our team how Red plans to build this

I would be shocked if he comes. Already have 4 guards as of 3/16. Not included Joe g

Right, people have lost perspective of proper depth due to the previous coach running Buddy and Joe into the ground for 38 mins every game.

Yep... not to mention.. while in part a zone specific issue- we've had more than a fair share of 6-4/6-6 big guards kill us on the glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom