Class of 2018 - Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse

FLG in 3d Fall Shootout 2017: Players Who Stood Out | 3d Rising

"Chase Scanlan, Midfield, Iroquois Golden Eagles, 2018

Scanlan turned in an impressive weekend running with the Iroquois Golden Eagles as a skilled, smart midfielder who can use his nimble athleticism and stick skills to create offense in set six-on-six and in transition. He runs like a deer and has natural skill with the stick, but he is also a really advanced dodger who knows how to set up his man and use his body to protect the stick. He plays with fearlessness and with grace at the same time. He scored a wild behind-the-back underhand goal – on the run – on a behind the back feed from teammate Dan Burnam, a play that ended up on ESPN Sportcenter’s Top 10 a couple days later."

FLG in 3d Fall Shootout 2017: Players Who Stood Out | 3d Rising

"Chase Scanlan, Midfield, Iroquois Golden Eagles, 2018

Scanlan turned in an impressive weekend running with the Iroquois Golden Eagles as a skilled, smart midfielder who can use his nimble athleticism and stick skills to create offense in set six-on-six and in transition. He runs like a deer and has natural skill with the stick, but he is also a really advanced dodger who knows how to set up his man and use his body to protect the stick. He plays with fearlessness and with grace at the same time. He scored a wild behind-the-back underhand goal – on the run – on a behind the back feed from teammate Dan Burnam, a play that ended up on ESPN Sportcenter’s Top 10 a couple days later."

Nice player who I wish we kept in the fold but SU has so much midfield depth right now and more coming next year I think he saw the writing on the wall.

I’m stirring the pot, but could it be?

Highly doubt it for the reasons Jeremy just stated. Guessing by the "Sharks are circling" comment in the article that it's the Sherrer kid (LSM - Villanova) which is a whole lot less exciting.

not to rub salt in the wounds but Scanlan had 3 - 2 total points 4 last night v. Duke!

not to rub salt in the wounds but Scanlan had 3 - 2 total points 4 last night v. Duke!

As just a fan, I can't be charged with tampering so hoping this wondrously talented kid comes home where he belongs playing in front of 4k .Has local and hs friends here and he wouldn't have to sit out a year. Also believe our Owen Hill will develop and show well in 2020 . Skills there ,just needs some bulking up.

How did his stock go up? That's a dumb response.
He's getting at one of two things. A) He thinks Cuse's offense sucks, and Scanlan wouldn't be a good fit. Or B) He matches up against weaker competition in the Patriot better than the ACC. Knowing how much Xanders hates us, I'd guess the former.

He's getting at one of two things. A) He thinks Cuse's offense sucks, and Scanlan wouldn't be a good fit. Or B) He matches up against weaker competition in the Patriot better than the ACC. Knowing how much Xanders hates us, I'd guess the former.
Do we know why he hates us? Just curious.

Do we know why he hates us? Just curious.
Not for a fact, but he usually picks against Cuse. He seems to have a real bias for Maryland lacrosse over Upstate lacrosse at the high school level too.

Not for a fact, but he usually picks against Cuse. He seems to have a real bias for Maryland lacrosse over Upstate lacrosse at the high school level too.
Yeah, I noticed that. Makes sense. Not everyone loves Syracuse☺️

While I am far from a fan of Ty Xanders, I actually think he was probably getting at option B of the two you mentioned. It seems more likely that hes saying there has never been a Native American/box lacrosse background stud on the level of Chase Scanlan in the Patriot league, while at Syracuse alone we have had plenty in the past, let alone the ACC. In the comments after he goes on to sprecifically single out that Scanlan is a native player, to the point where I think it's kind of odd to differentiate him from others just because he's native, but that's just my opinion. That being said I agree with what everyone else is saying about him. He tends to show some bias towards the Baltimore area and has done things like insulting Jordan Evans for ruining his precious top 100 rankings, despite him having a solid career. Also for some reason it was a Cuse guy (Cook) scoring a goal on Army with a questionable dive call that made him just have to say something even though there had been plenty of very similar instances in the past, including ones by beloved Maryland boy Pat Spencer. Slightly unrelated but it was good to see Cornell beat up Towson this weekend. Good to have an NY team bring those MD folks down a peg.

This has to be good for us, since he killed it there it’s not like he’s looking for Pt. And since we were his first commitment and were also close to home, and since Hes probably played with staats and hill and maybe even lauder it’s gotta at least give us hope and would easily solidify our midfield as best in the country and would also allow us to move pieces around easier if the attack isn’t producing. Think of an attack or Rehfuss, Cook, and dord and the midfield of Curry, trimbo, and Scanlan...wishful thinking I know but still.
Scanlan might prefer to play attack, if so he'd fill a huge void. Start and flourish at either position with our composition and offensive approach. Be getting ball alot in his favorite spots . This is a match

I wonder what his reason for transferring is? The only logical one I can think of is being closer to home and family. He would’ve been in the starting lineup for a top-15 ranked hounds next season, and with him, Lindley, Olmstead returning and Chris Gray transferring I’m sure Loyola would be picked to finish first in the Patriot League.

Regardless, if he ultimately chooses to attend SU, the Cuse lacrosse family will welcome him with open arms.

This has to be good for us, since he killed it there it’s not like he’s looking for Pt. And since we were his first commitment and were also close to home, and since Hes probably played with staats and hill and maybe even lauder it’s gotta at least give us hope and would easily solidify our midfield as best in the country and would also allow us to move pieces around easier if the attack isn’t producing. Think of an attack or Rehfuss, Cook, and dord and the midfield of Curry, trimbo, and Scanlan...wishful thinking I know but still.

He was also an IMG guy so he has most likely played with Jared Fernandez, and even more likely has played with incoming recruits Sean Donnelly and JJ Lewandowski.