Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

1618932330801.png

Handing this kid the #22 on a silver platter has...not aged well, to say the least.

Perhaps this gives Wildhack the cover he needs to move on from this staff after the season, citing this debacle, the earlier Covid stuff/possible suspensions, all on top of underperforming. Coaches have been fired for much less.

I'd go Ferris or another young guy. I like Cook but we have seen that movie already, he's simply not effective enough at this level as an attackmen.

Seebold returns to attack and Buttermore slots in on second mid, or you just plug and play Ferris.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Syracuse lacrosse attack Chase Scanlan has been suspended from the team indefinitely, according to a school spokesperson.

The school did not release any further details on the topic. Inside Lacrosse reported that it’s connected to an incident following Syracuse’s loss to North Carolina on Saturday.

Rob Genco, Scanlan’s high school coach at Silver Creek, has spoken to Scanlan and said the player denies any wrongdoing.

“He says it’s nothing but it’s become something,” Genco said. “According to him, there’s literally zero chance that anything happened.”

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Syracuse lacrosse attack Chase Scanlan has been suspended from the team indefinitely, according to a school spokesperson.

The school did not release any further details on the topic. Inside Lacrosse reported that it’s connected to an incident following Syracuse’s loss to North Carolina on Saturday.

Rob Genco, Scanlan’s high school coach at Silver Creek, has spoken to Scanlan and said the player denies any wrongdoing.

“He says it’s nothing but it’s become something,” Genco said. “According to him, there’s literally zero chance that anything happened.”

I'm thinking the number is bigger than zero. :rolleyes:

Handing this kid the #22 on a silver platter has...not aged well, to say the least.

Perhaps this gives Wildhack the cover he needs to move on from this staff after the season, citing this debacle, the earlier Covid stuff/possible suspensions, all on top of underperforming. Coaches have been fired for much less.

Scanlan is a good player but the hype on his transfer including from this board (myself included ) was way over the top. I don't think it was a mistake to give him the #22, but people expecting him to be Mike Powell or Ryan Powell were not being realistic. Your other point is certainly true though, the COVID stuff and now this is not a great look for a program that is struggling record wise. This is not a good look at all.

I'd go Ferris or another young guy. I like Cook but we have seen that movie already, he's simply not effective enough at this level as an attackmen.
I agree he’s been given every opportunity and it hasn’t clicked. Was hoping he might’ve started to turn the corner after having a solid showing against Albany.

Forgot about Ferris and I like how Seebold has adapted as a 2nd line middie.

Getting crushed a high powered UNC squad with two key defenders out on short notice, I can handle that on some level. Underperforming in the ACC this year with all the grad transfer super teams, not the complete end of the world. It's this consistent lack of discipline as a team that makes things feel fundamentally broken. Desko has this hands off attitude with the players, which would maybe be fine, if they weren't constantly acting like a pack of complete idiots on and off the field. That COVID crap and now this off the field, coupled with seemingly giving up on the field at the first sign of resistance, passive attitude, penalties, playing down to competition, guys like Seebold trash talking even after unsportsmanlike penalties have been given out earlier (like Solomon and Mariano before him), seemingly only able to act motivated after a humiliating defeat the immediate previous week, the list goes on.

You can't continue to be hands off when the whole squad is acting like a bunch of weak minded fools. As for how this effects us next week, I don't even feel that bad about it. Feel like we need a true dodger down there anyway instead of another off ball facilitator. I think Seebold is the clear choice, not Cook. Has done a ton for us out if the invert this year. The crazy thing is they could get all pumped up again like they did after the Army game and beat UVA, but it's just not sustainable in the long term without a change in disciplinary tactics from up top. I feel depressed whenever I think about Cuse lax. What a nightmare.

I agree he’s been given every opportunity and it hasn’t clicked. Was hoping he might’ve started to turn the corner after having a solid showing against Albany.

i'd have to bet it'll be seebold. he's experienced and shown the guts to go make plays. haven't seen ferris much and from what has said he has it in him... but not the experience and they're in a big spot now.

possibly bump a 1st down, but that gets both of them a pole. uva ssdm's were a good matchup for them.

Seebold has had a nice season so I could see him getting a shot. My fear is we simply go back to Cook and production from that spot drops off a cliff. There's so many options on the roster but seems unlikely Dekso will go outside his comfort zone. Really would like to see us go with Ferris and Seebold in a time share or something.

Seebold has had a nice season so I could see him getting a shot. My fear is we simply go back to Cook and production from that spot drops off a cliff. There's so many options on the roster but seems unlikely Dekso will go outside his comfort zone. Really would like to see us go with Ferris and Seebold in a time share or something.
Good points, Would like to see Cook emerge but you’re probably right in the lack of production.

I hope they pick someone who is a reliable finisher.

I would love to see Ferris get some time here, I may be delusional about how good he is, but you watch him and he just makes things happen. But I think he's a lefty (that's the spot of the field he occupies at least) and that would mean three on the line which I don't think would work. Seebold would be my choice, I thought he was also a lefty but when I watch him play I can't tell which hand is his dominant.

What a disaster

I would love to see Ferris get some time here, I may be delusional about how good he is, but you watch him and he just makes things happen. But I think he's a lefty (that's the spot of the field he occupies at least) and that would mean three on the line which I don't think would work. Seebold would be my choice, I thought he was also a lefty but when I watch him play I can't tell which hand is his dominant.

What a disaster
99% sure Seebold is a righty with a good left hand. Did the Lyle Thompson shot with his right hand coming around the left side one time. Not something a true lefty would do.

We were surprised that Desko went to Hiltz so early. I hope he goes to Seebold. Maybe Desko does feel like his job and legacy are on the line. I have been critical of Seebold going into the season and thought he was maybe a bust. Was thinking he was like the other Texas guy...Ramono? I am forgetting the name. However, seems to have come into his own this year and his best work has been when inverted behind GLE.

Scanlon seems like a punk with alot of stuff he has pulled on the field. Dumb undisciplined penalties. I was happy when we got him as a transfer but his reasons and situation felt kind of murky. I was so happy about the recruiting win and getting a productive player that it was easy to look past the details around the decision to jump ship.

99% sure Seebold is a righty with a good left hand. Did the Lyle Thompson shot with his right hand coming around the left side one time. Not something a true lefty would do.

Agreed, 99% sure he's a right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom