Chase Simmons DE '21 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Simmons DE '21

Crusty

Living Legend
Just had lunch at Crab Catchers on the water at Little River, SC hometown of our new recruit DE/TE Chase Simmons. One of the waitresses saw my Orange hat and wind breaker and came over to our table with a huge smile on her face and said. "That S is for Syracuse, right?" Mrs Crusty and I smiled and said of course. The young lady was Hayley, brother (edit make that sister!) of Chase Simmons the recruit who we flipped at the last minute from Coastal Carolina. The whole family is really excited. Told her to stop at the Fine Mess Tailgate as I know they will be well received. sutomcat JeremyCuse TexanMark Consigliere etc.

We gave her a Syracuse cap

Hayley Jones.jpg

Chase is 6'4" and 240 pounds with an 81 inch wing span 18-years old.

Rated three stars by 247 Sports composite rankings … Named 2020 All-South Carolina Defensive End by the South Carolina Coaches Association … Led North Myrtle Beach High School to a lower South Carolina championship and state title game appearance in 2020 … 48 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and nine sacks as a senior … Also wrestled in high school.

40 Yard Dash 4.8
5-10-5 Shuttle 4.29
Bench Press 275
Squat 375
Vertical 32.0
Broad Jump10'

Chase is somewhat of a local hero because of the State Championship and everyone seems to know he is going to SU.
Wish him well.
601b4648db24c.image.jpg

LGO!

Last edited:
Just had lunch at Crab Catchers on the water at Little River, SC hometown of our new recruit DE/TE Chase Simmons. One of the waitresses saw my Orange hat and wind breaker and came over to our table with a huge smile on her face and said. "That S is for Syracuse, right?" Mrs Crusty and I smiled and said of course. The young lady was Hayley, brother of Chase Simmons the recruit who we flipped at the last minute from Coastal Carolina. The whole family is really excited. Told her to stop at the Fine Mess Tailgate as I know they will be well received. sutomcat JeremyCuse TexanMark Consigliere etc.

View attachment 199935

Rated three stars by 247 Sports composite rankings … Named 2020 All-South Carolina Defensive End by the South Carolina Coaches Association … Led North Myrtle Beach High School to a lower South Carolina championship and state title game appearance in 2020 … 48 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and nine sacks as a senior … Also wrestled in high school.

40 Yard Dash 4.8
5-10-5 Shuttle 4.29
Bench Press 275
Squat 375
Vertical 32.0
Broad Jump10'

Chase is somewhat of a local hero because of the State Championship and everyone seems to know he is going to SU.
Wish him well.
LGO!
So awesome!! I love that you had a spare cap to give her. I’m sure it’ll make her entire family’s week.

Just had lunch at Crab Catchers on the water at Little River, SC hometown of our new recruit DE/TE Chase Simmons. One of the waitresses saw my Orange hat and wind breaker and came over to our table with a huge smile on her face and said. "That S is for Syracuse, right?" Mrs Crusty and I smiled and said of course. The young lady was Hayley, brother of Chase Simmons the recruit who we flipped at the last minute from Coastal Carolina. The whole family is really excited. Told her to stop at the Fine Mess Tailgate as I know they will be well received. sutomcat JeremyCuse TexanMark Consigliere etc.

View attachment 199935

40 Yard Dash 4.8
5-10-5 Shuttle 4.29
Bench Press 275
Squat 375
Vertical 32.0
Broad Jump10'

Wish him well.
LGO!
Thx for the post, Crusty. Seems like Chase will be a great addition to the team. And it's clearly not torture down there in SC, at that sea-side crab joint with such talented service!

Last edited:

View attachment 199935

40 Yard Dash 4.8
5-10-5 Shuttle 4.29
Bench Press 275
Squat 375
Vertical 32.0
Broad Jump10'

Wish him well.
View attachment 199937
LGO!
Great story!
(Tomcat would have desribed what you the the Mrs. had for lunch).

View attachment 199935

40 Yard Dash 4.8
5-10-5 Shuttle 4.29
Bench Press 275
Squat 375
Vertical 32.0
Broad Jump10'

Wish him well.
View attachment 199937
LGO!
Also per the 2nd picture above is it me or does Chase's dad kinda have the look of a guy who hunts mountain lions with a swiss army knife and would win?

He was in a walking boot at the end of the UVA game.