Chauncey Scissum to transfer to UNLV | Syracusefan.com

Chauncey Scissum to transfer to UNLV

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

I am truly grateful for my four years at Syracuse University. I have been able to study at a prestigious institution while also being a member of the Syracuse Football team. My experiences on, and off the field, have enabled me to grow and have opened many opportunities for me. However, it is time for me to move on and begin a new chapter in my life. I have been granted my release and will seek transfer for my fifth year of eligibility. This decision was not an easy one. I had to make a tough decision for betterment of self. I am extremely thankful for my family and their continued motivation and support. Additionally, I have made brothers for life and I am appreciative for all I have learned and the relationships I have built during my time at Syracuse.

I want to thank Syracuse University, Syracuse Football, and the surrounding community for the memories and impact they have made on my life. I will forever bleed Orange!

To my brothers, continue to play hard, challenge yourself, and represent Orange Nation.

Too bad. He had a solid sophomore season in 2015 but I don't think he was on the field much in 2016.
Both of the Naes Howard victims are transferring this offseason.

Love the kid, but , again, this is Dino and company making room. Smart.

Love the kid, but , again, this is Dino and company making room. Smart.
Do we know for a fact (Winfield and Scissum) were given the talk by the staff?

Its been said that Winfield did and CS is in the same boat, got hos degree and looking to play a year as a grad student. Given the situation of our secondary, i would say yes, but i could be wrong.

Best of luck, young man. Hopefully, your future school brings you everything you desire. Thank you for your service to Syracuse University.
I am gonna guess ODU is his 5th-year destination.

These guys who are transferring are writing some classy farewell messages. Speaks well of the, and the program. Someone - parents, coaches, teachers - is preparing them well for life outside of college.

not sure how getting rid of seniors is really making room since we cant fill the spots up with bodies past the 25-28 we can sign this year..

not sure how getting rid of seniors is really making room since we cant fill the spots up with bodies past the 25-28 we can sign this year..
Keep in mind that Grad transfers don't count against the yearly recruiting allotment. They only count towards the 85 total.

Last edited:
are your sure about that? several sites i saw said they count towards both numbers

are your sure about that? several sites i saw said they count towards both numbers
That's what I read the other day on here. Maybe it's wrong.

Where is Cuselegacy when you need her?

Keep in mind that Grad transfers don't count against the yearly recruiting allotment. They only count towards the 85 total.

Unless the NCAA changed the rules recently, everybody counts towards the 25. Freshmen, JUCO's and Transfers alike.

And I've been through the latest NCAA Handbook, and I can't find anything which says Grad Transfers get a free pass.

Unless the NCAA changed the rules recently, everybody counts towards the 25. Freshmen, JUCO's and Transfers alike.

And I've been through the latest NCAA Handbook, and I can't find anything which says Grad Transfers get a free pass.
I was under the impression that January enrollees could count toward the previous year's 25-player cap. I'm not sure how many of those were still available.

I was under the impression that January enrollees could count toward the previous year's 25-player cap. I'm not sure how many of those were still available.

They have to count towards somebody's 25. Either this year's class, or last year's.

We can backdate 4.

We can take a max of 29.

Unless Dino knows something the rest of us don't, and we'll all be pleasantly surprised on Feb 1.

The Jan enrollees can count forward or backward.

The August enrollees can only count that enrollment year.

The way to look at it is 25 kids can enroll every calander year.

That's as well-written as any transfer release I've ever read. Sounds like a great kid.

Maybe he could get a job tutoring a few sportswriters, along with everyone in SU's athletic department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom