Chaz Owens Joins SU Hoops Roster | Syracusefan.com

Chaz Owens Joins SU Hoops Roster

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Chaz Owens, the son of former Syracuse All-American Billy Owens, has joined the men's basketball program, according to Coach Jim Boeheim.

Which means my prediction that Girard and Buddy are playing 40 minutes a game is probably pretty much spot on.
a9450de75fffa2103206da1382f73a8e.jpeg

Nice legacy connection. Probably best not to expect anything, a la AAII.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

EDIT -- I don't think those clips revealed much. Quality of competition was suspect in that footage, so who knows. BUT he looks to be a legit 6-5, which is at least something. Maybe he can develop into a rotation guy.

Last edited:
his only offers are D2 and D3 schools, I would imagine the scholarship is for this year only, and if they have an extra one open in any other year he is here, they toss him in again. JB doing one of his former players a solid

I saw him ranked 2 star on one site. I'm assuming it's a one year scholarship, and then walk on status the remaining years unless he proves himself otherwise. Good move if that's the case. Not a fan if he's been offered for four years.

Still remember his uncle Michael’s 2 pt conversion to beat the Mountaineers like it was yesterday.

I wasn’t born until 9 months later but you know what I mean. ;)

EDIT: HOLY SH**!! I never gave it any thought until typing this just now but my parents got married the summer of ‘87 & my father took my mother to that game, her first time ever in The Dome. It’s one of his favorite Dome memories & he always talks about how amped he was. I may have to ask him a very awkward question the next time I’m home lol

Last edited:
Owens #30 on the Syracuse basketball roster will make me so happy.

I can't wait to see Chaz play any minutes (even garbage time) to look for any even remote similarity to Billy.

I don't think that running Washington off to open the scholarship is really the
right way to find him a spot. Doesn't exactly send the best message to other
potential recruits. I'd understand a bit more - maybe - if you're trying to find
room for a top 50 kid, but that's kinda lame for a kid who, without the name,
would be a nobody.

Kev