Check this out... Cuse lost a T.O. and 7 seconds | Syracusefan.com

Check this out... Cuse lost a T.O. and 7 seconds

StanCuse44

Scout Team
FL STATE QB IS TACKLED OUT OF BOUNDS AT 2:48 (CLOCK STOPS AT 2:47)
image.png

FL State's QB gets tackled out of bounds on the FL State sideline at 2:48. Clock stops at 2:47. TV tandem said the QB made a mistake going out of bounds.

Then - inexplicably - the clock starts to wind down again -->> to 2:37!!!! (Wth?) TV tandem asked why the clock was still moving... but never answered their own question and simply moved on.

Dino was forced to call his 1st of 3 T.O.s to stop the clock (which should not be moving). I can't believe SU staff didn't catch the error during the stoppage of play and get their T.O. and time back.

Refs never correct the time back to 2:47. During the timeout the refs adjusted the time back to 2:40 (why?) so we lost 7 seconds AND a critical T.O.

Maybe I missed something??? Help me out.

TIME STOPS AT 2:37
image.png

TIME MOVED BACK TO 2:40 DURING T.O.
image.png

PLAY RE-STARTS AT 2:40 (WITH OUR LOST T.O.)
image.png

Last edited:
Totally legit. Clock ran down wildly at LSU, wasn't good enough of a shaft so they "kept the time on the field"...nothing to see here...

Believe the clock winds again when the ball is spotted unless it's under two minutes. May have still lost seconds though. Not sure when the TO was taken.

I don't remember if it was the same point, but at one point it showed us with 1 TO left. A minute or two later, it was back to 2. Seems as if the production crew got confused.

Believe the clock winds again when the ball is spotted unless it's under two minutes. May have still lost seconds though. Not sure when the TO was taken.
Yeah, the "unless under two minutes" part makes sense. Thanks. I can sleep at night now.

I don't remember if it was the same point, but at one point it showed us with 1 TO left. A minute or two later, it was back to 2. Seems as if the production crew got confused.

That was a different play, I believe. We took a timeout, but then they reviewed something. So, we got the timeout back and let the clock roll instead. I forget what they reviewed. Too many drinks. The spot of the ball? I think when they were half a yard short which led to the big third down fumble we almost got.

That was a different play, I believe. We took a timeout, but then they reviewed something. So, we got the timeout back and let the clock roll instead. I forget what they reviewed. Too many drinks. The spot of the ball? I think when they were half a yard short which led to the big third down fumble we almost got.

Think that was the fumble that wasn't a fumble because the QB's knee was down when he picked up the ball. I was screaming for a TO there.

Think that was a FSU TO that the TV production crew charged against us. I believe FSU went from 3 to 2 at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom