Chris Bell | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell

Awesome game from him, love his confidence. Would be curious to see what he looks like at the 2 although I did like Taylor there. Love seeing him rise to the challenge after how well Taylor and Brown have been playing.
I thought his hard foul on a layup was pretty refreshing too. He's learning how to mix up in the paint which will round him out, cause what a stroke

He is one of the most money shooters as a freshman I can remember since...GMac maybe? His shot is just butter. That short corner mid range jumper he has he hits at like an 80% rate. I sure hope he can continue to contribute in other ways, because his shooting is filthy.
Yeah, quick release, great form, tall. Can't wait to see him next year

I don’t see anyone complaining about his lack of elevation and low release point. Good times.

I had said Shumpert a while back as I know some others too. Kid is 6-7 /6-8. Not gonna be many issues getting his shot off anyway. With that said, his release is better since getting here. It's a bit different than even early season. He hasn't bricked or airballed in a long time now.

I enjoyed the shot with a defender in his face, Bell thought nothing of it, nothing but net. Ice in his veins when he shoots, the way he needs to be.

Yeah, and he knows that shorter guys (which is who he’s getting checked by 99% of the time) have zero chance of altering his shot.

Agreed 144% - that shot was an ice cold dagger.

Yeah, and he knows that shorter guys (which is who he’s getting checked by 99% of the time) have zero chance of altering his shot.

Agreed 144% - that shot was an ice cold dagger.

Yeah he doesn't at all seem to feel pressured out there. Never looks rattled. Mildly shows frustration when he misses or makes a mistake but overall seems like he is on the level most of the time.

He made some deep shots with guys in his face last night. With more confidence, I can see Chris developing the ability to take the ball to the basket. He’s very athletic. I think we’ve only seen the beginnings of what he can do. He puts on another 15 pounds and he will be very good.

He and Taylor will need to work on other parts of their game as they will be required to play the 3-spot at times, they're too good to not be on the floor together periodically, but they can learn and appear be doing so. I am liking this class more and more.

Chris could be a killer 2 next year. He is not strong enough to rebound. Probably Justin at the 3. Hope Hima is working on offensive moves, Malik on expanding his range, and Judah on 3 pt. shooting.

Chris could be a killer 2 next year. He is not strong enough to rebound. Probably Justin at the 3. Hope Hima is working on offensive moves, Malik on expanding his range, and Judah on 3 pt. shooting.
Chris is a three. Justin is a two (JB stated that a couple of times now.) As far as Hima, I hope we either retain Jesse or hit the portal for another center. Hima is a great backup for now.

Chris cannot rebound. That is a fatal flaw for a foward. Coach says that he lacks the handle of a 2. Justin is stronger. I'd rather have Justin down low. Over the next year Chris might improve his handle and or get stronger and beefier. Might be easier for him to improve his handle.

Justin had 2 rebounds in 12 minutes. Chris had 3 in nearly 3x as much floor time. Justin is twice the rebounder as Chris.

Last edited:
Chris is a three. Justin is a two (JB stated that a couple of times now.) As far as Hima, I hope we either retain Jesse or hit the portal for another center. Hima is a great backup for now.

Yep Chris has the Hops to be a shot blocker and Justin does not. We saw last year what happens when our forwards aren't rim protectors, it just doesn't work. We need Bell to put in about 20 lbs of muscle, not sure if it will take one year or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom