Chris Elmore | Syracusefan.com

Chris Elmore

kcsu

Living Legend
He has great athleticism for a big man. What are the odds that he moves to the d line as he seems to be wasted

He's a useful blocking back, but he didn't run really hard for a 280-pound fullback. What game was it where he was stuffed a couple of times inside the 5-yard line?

He was only a true freshman and he played a lot for a true frosh. Not sure how that was wasted?
Good point. Wasted was the wrong way to frame my point. Simply put with his size and athleticism i think he could become a star on the DL vs a role player at FB. In fact why not let him play both ways?

He was only a true freshman and he played a lot for a true frosh. Not sure how that was wasted?

I think he’s a little wasted being a fullback in this system. But until the running game is up to speed, I get the short yardage need.

If he’s good enough to play DL, there’s more need there.

He has great athleticism for a big man. What are the odds that he moves to the d line as he seems to be wasted

Wasted? We had almost no one as block/run threat at TE/FB last year. Pierce was a downfield threat but also a penalty machine.

He's a useful blocking back, but he didn't run really hard for a 280-pound fullback. What game was it where he was stuffed a couple of times inside the 5-yard line?

I want to say it was wake and it completely changed the game. He never really trucked people. But then again he was a true freshman.

Elmore had more snaps (and more impact) than any other true freshman. Was our only blocking back. Was our only big back to use in those situations -- and he might have done better with better line blocking. Until we have a better h-back/FB, don't see him switching.

he got stood up on the goal line by a BC guy who gave up 100 pounds to Elmore. He doesn't run low and needs a long time to gather momentum. I trust Dino and Co. on whether he has enough worth as a blocking back to justify not having him on the D-line, but I don't think he'll ever be much of a runner.

He's definitely not a RB, but he was a useful blocker. Kind of small for the DL. I think he had a nice role.

Elmore had more snaps (and more impact) than any other true freshman. Was our only blocking back. Was our only big back to use in those situations -- and he might have done better with better line blocking. Until we have a better h-back/FB, don't see him switching.
What about the transfer from Holy Cross.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom