Chris McCullough to China | Syracusefan.com

Chris McCullough to China

ezgif-1-50e237eaaf.gif

Here’s to hoping it works out as well for him over there as it did for Marbury and Jimmer.

China is reputed to be the highest paying foreign league for American players.
Marbury became the superstar he never was here.
And Jimmer averaged something like 37 points a game.

For Chris's sake let's hope his check is going direct deposit to someone who cares about him and cares about managing his money.
If he keeps spending like this he won't have his dough for long:

NBA's Chris McCullough Drops $100k on Icy Iced Tea Chain

Last edited:
Really thought he had the skillset to stick around, just never materialized. Best of luck

For Chris's sake let's hope his check is going direct deposit to someone who cares about him and managing his money.

This is the kid we were supposed to feel bad for because he had to drop out of school to support his young family, spending six figures on man-jewelry? Nice.

For Chris's sake let's hope his check is going direct deposit to someone who cares about him and managing his money.

Oh man. Cmon Chris...

This is the kid we were supposed to feel bad for because he had to drop out of school to support his young family, spending six figures on man-jewelry? Nice.

Almost as dumb a waste of money as you can get. He’s gonna have an ice t can hanging from his neck. Good thing he has a long term contract with the NBA to fall back on... :bat:

With that 100K he coulda bought himself 446 shares of Apple at today's closing price of $223.77 per share which would have assured him a quarterly dividend that increases annually, in a company that has about $285 billion in cash sitting in the bank (figuratively speaking), a huge stock buy-back program in place to support the share price, with a 43% ROE, and a real good chance of appreciating nicely over time. That bling? Probably going down in price like a brand new car being driven off the dealers lot . . . and it costs money because you have to insure it . . . you are insuring it Chris, right? Think compounding Chris, compounding. It is the eight wonder of the world!

Almost as dumb a waste of money as you can get. He’s gonna have an ice t can hanging from his neck. Good thing he has a long term contract with the NBA to fall back on... :bat:

SMH. Not even something overpriced but still at least useful like an expensive car or a too large and expensive house, a yacht, etc. Not even a piece of jewelry that you can seriously wear. He spent 100K of a 1.5 million salary on a novelty item. Scary. Hope he does well in China.

SMH. Not even something overpriced but still at least useful like an expensive car or a too large and expensive house, a yacht, etc. Not even a piece of jewelry that you can seriously wear. He spent 100K of a 1.5 million salary on a novelty item. Scary. Hope he does well in China.
With those spending habits, I'd say he's headed for the perfect place.

After paying taxes, his agent etc I bet he nets closer to $1million or less on his $1.47 million. That $100k would be 10% of his yearly salary on a single novelty item. It’s his money to do as he wants of course but so many athletes end up in fiscal insolvency so quickly, it’s not cruel but concern wondering how he’ll fare. Remember everyone says these players could always pay for themselves to go to school after they leave with all the money they earn, it will be interesting to see if it’s in his plan. Hopefully he has a good financial planner who he listens to. Good luck to him.

Pure stupidity.

Even if you had a billion dollars, that is the ugliest most dumb thing I could ever think of spending 100k on .

Didn't have a problem with him leaving, but he deserves to be broke.

For Chris's sake let's hope his check is going direct deposit to someone who cares about him and cares about managing his money.

Otto, thanks for clearing that up. I thought Bleep was criticizing “Brisk” for investing in a bubble tea franchise. Lol. I had to go back and click on the link.
Kinda wish I didn’t see that. Wow.

Otto, thanks for clearing that up. I thought Bleep was criticizing “Brisk” for investing in a bubble tea franchise. Lol. I had to go back and click on the link.
Kinda wish I didn’t see that. Wow.

I thought the same at first. Some kind of investment in that franchise. That bobble is UGLY for $0.25 cents let alone 100K. Wow. :(

I thought the same at first. Some kind of investment in that franchise. That bobble is UGLY for $0.25 cents let alone 100K. Wow. :(
Haha. Glad I wasn’t the only one. Well, it’s gold and diamond so I guess it’s kind of an investment?

With that 100K he coulda bought himself 446 shares of Apple at today's closing price of $223.77 per share which would have assured him a quarterly dividend that increases annually, in a company that has about $285 billion in cash sitting in the bank (figuratively speaking), a huge stock buy-back program in place to support the share price, with a 43% ROE, and a real good chance of appreciating nicely over time. That bling? Probably going down in price like a brand new car being driven off the dealers lot . . . and it costs money because you have to insure it . . . you are insuring it Chris, right? Think compounding Chris, compounding. It is the eight wonder of the world!

Yeah but stock certificates don’t look cool around your neck

At first, I thought people were criticizing him for making a $100,000 investment in a franchise. Some athletes have made some bad investments, but I was about to comment that it was a bit unfair.

Then I read the article.

So you're saying I should invest in apple huh :) ?

Granted, I don't have 100k to toss around but if I did, I would probably spend it on some really fly jewelry...you know, like a drink can or something... I mean invest it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom