Chrislyn Carr Transferring to Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Chrislyn Carr Transferring to Louisville

A high-level experienced PG!

26050764-0EB3-4B4B-9692-C203D36E6A90.jpeg

Losing Cardosa was a massive loss you can’t replace her. A should be on thin ice for the season he had also even with covid and losing his entire roster

Losing Cardosa was a massive loss you can’t replace her. A should be on thin ice for the season he had also even with covid and losing his entire roster
Just curious, how many ncaa tournaments have the orange made in a row? How many had they made before he became coach? He needs to improve in some areas, no question. But your post is ridiculous.

IMO, we still need an experienced post player to give us the post presence needed for defense and inside scoring. So far, we’ve seen players suited well for outside scoring and athletic ability. I don’t see how next years team fairs against teams with good post talent, especially in half-court sets.

Yup, losing all 4 centers was most unfortunate. The seemingly upgraded athleticism across the board at guard and forward is encouraging. Lattimore may be our only center and that sucks because she looked to be a great 4 playing off of Cardoso.

He had top ten talent this year
No question that was true. All 5 starters were top 25 recruits. Frustrating year for sure.

Edit, but as Tom said below and I agree with, top talent doesn't always generate wins. This team had flaws for sure and the shooting and TO's were atrocious.

Last edited:
He had top ten talent this year
It was a deeply flawed team. Q builds his offense around outside shooting. I think his teams take an insane number of 3s, maybe more than any good team in the country.

That is great if you have a good outside shooting team. He didn't. Our volume outside shooters were horrible.

Kiki 120 attempts 23.3%
Digna 106 attempts 28.3%

Kiki had 72 assists and 67 turnovers. Horrific.
Even Tiana, who had 145 assists (awesome) had 95 turnovers. Not good.
Williams had 14 assists and 29 turnovers.

Digna had 34 assists and 34 turnovers. Emily had 41 assists and 45 turnovers.

Overall, the team had 358 assists and 394 turnovers.

The men in comparison, ended up with 419 assists and 317 turnovers.

A team that is really turnover prone and not very good shooting is not going to win a ton of games. Cardoso was dominant at times but she made a lot of turnovers, was in foul trouble all the time and bricked a lot of bunnies. Emily was a head case, Kiki was a hard case, Tiana was a shadow of her normal self, they had no power forward, and while Priscilla showed promise, she was a classic frosh making lots of bone headed plays (along with some good plays too).

I disagree it was a top 10 team.

Maybe if Tiana was Tiana. But she wasn't. Emily checked out for long periods and didn't play long periods, Digna and Kiki forgot how to shoot. They had a lot of problems and not many solutions.

It was a deeply flawed team. Q builds his offense around outside shooting. I think his teams take an insane number of 3s, maybe more than any good team in the country.

That is great if you have a good outside shooting team. He didn't. Our volume outside shooters were horrible.

Kiki 120 attempts 23.3%
Digna 106 attempts 28.3%

Kiki had 72 assists and 67 turnovers. Horrific.
Even Tiana, who had 145 assists (awesome) had 95 turnovers. Not good.
Williams had 14 assists and 29 turnovers.

Digna had 34 assists and 34 turnovers. Emily had 41 assists and 45 turnovers.

Overall, the team had 358 assists and 394 turnovers.

The men in comparison, ended up with 419 assists and 317 turnovers.

A team that is really turnover prone and not very good shooting is not going to win a ton of games. Cardoso was dominant at times but she made a lot of turnovers, was in foul trouble all the time and bricked a lot of bunnies. Emily was a head case, Kiki was a hard case, Tiana was a shadow of her normal self, they had no power forward, and while Priscilla showed promise, she was a classic frosh making lots of bone headed plays (along with some good plays too).

I disagree it was a top 10 team.

Maybe if Tiana was Tiana. But she wasn't. Emily checked out for long periods and didn't play long periods, Digna and Kiki forgot how to shoot. They had a lot of problems and not many solutions.
The 4 seniors seemed to
forget about team play all year. Tiana was only about half the player she was before the cancer. Emily showed up half the time to play. The 2 freshman made mistakes, but at least gave effort, which the upperclassmen lacked.

Many good points in the last few posts that echo what I was saying all season — too many empty possessions and inconsistency. Most games had quarters scoring only 7 or 8 points, and then a 20+ quarter. If the “big run” didn’t happen they were in trouble.

Criticism has all been concentrated on the offense. The defense was also poor. No one stayed between her man and the basket on the press. The offensive player was consistently able to get a step on dribble drives. Players were often open for unopposed layups in both man-to-man and zone situations. I question how much time was spent in teaching and drilling defensive principles.

Criticism has all been concentrated on the offense. The defense was also poor. No one stayed between her man and the basket on the press. The offensive player was consistently able to get a step on dribble drives. Players were often open for unopposed layups in both man-to-man and zone situations. I question how much time was spent in teaching and drilling defensive principles.
The team went south last year when Tiana was out. Losing 1 player with all the 5 star players they had shouldn't have been a 16-15 team. In the long run they needed to get rid of all the selfish players they had.
It's too bad Cardoso decided to leave with the others, she would have been special.

yep!

"Kiara Lewis’ back screen sprung Emily Engstler behind the Seminoles defense toward the hoop, and all Teisha Hyman’s pass needed to do was get to her in time. The final horn loomed, but Engstler lightly pushed the ball off the backboard and in. "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom