Christmas, Keita on D | Syracusefan.com

Christmas, Keita on D

joct

2nd String
I think these guys must think they can block every single shot with 15 feet of them. It seemed like tonight more than most, they jumped out at way too many shots very few of which they had a chance at blocking or even influencing, jumping way too late in the process. This resulted in falling for easy pump fakes and having them drive by, or fouls often. I thought several of the calls against them were a little touchy, but at the same time it seemed like they were jumping and swatting at something every trip.

But many times, it lead to them being far away by the time the shot hit the rim, allowing for way more offensive rebounds to be given up than there should be. The play that did it for me was on the putback-dunk for the 6 point lead with about 3 minutes left. If I remember it was a semi-break, the guy was in the corner, starting the shooting motion while Rak was in the key. Rak still went flying out there, not even coming close to getting there, leaving the lanes wide open for them to crash.

Maybe it is a lost art, but sometimes you just pick your spots to realize the shot is going up, not chase it and head back for rebounding position, even if it goes against instincts. For some reason it really stuck out to me tonight.

They really do fall for a decent amount of shot fakes. It's made me cringe most of the season, tonight more than usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom