Christmas up for an Oscar | Syracusefan.com

Christmas up for an Oscar

Rocco

Watching you.
Loved the embellishment on both plays that fouled out Parker and Jefferson. The Parker was a questionable call, but the Jefferson play was a clear foul. Regardless, solid acting on his end to help sway the refs to blow the whistle.

He also a monsterous dunk and a sick block on Parker at the rim on a dunk. He played such a good game.

Merry CHRISTMAS!!!

Rocco said:
Loved the embellishment on both plays that fouled out Parker and Jefferson. The Parker was a questionable call, but the Jefferson play was a clear foul. Regardless, solid acting on his end to help sway the refs to blow the whistle. He also a monsterous dunk and a sick block on Parker at the rim on a dunk. He played such a good game. Merry CHRISTMAS!!!

It was a shaky call at best but he did lower his shoulder and it gave the impression of a charge. Fortunate to get the call.

I was sure that Cooney would be the villain of the ACC and Duke...

But it is clear who Duke hates most now.

02-01-2014-at-20-13-321.jpg

And Duke fans need to get off his junk for the block on Hood.

It was a great block! Close game, they're NOT calling that. Just like they're not calling the flagrant where CJ got hammered.

Regardless, solid acting on his end to help sway the refs to blow the whistle.

You know it's funny, there was a trap in the game in the corner that I thought should've been a charge and I turned to my buddy and said, "Ennis should've just fell down, the refs just react to head movements and flops anyway"

..and there ya go.

Loved the embellishment on both plays that fouled out Parker and Jefferson. The Parker was a questionable call, but the Jefferson play was a clear foul. Regardless, solid acting on his end to help sway the refs to blow the whistle.

He also a monsterous dunk and a sick block on Parker at the rim on a dunk. He played such a good game.

Merry CHRISTMAS!!!
It sure looked like a charge to me. He not only lowered his shoulder, but pushed his elbow right into Xmas body.

With the score tied 70-70(3:53), Parker posted up and used his elbows to clear out Christmas. Christmas was called for a foul and lucky that Parker missed the free throw. Christmas complained saying that Parker cleared out using his elbows to the Eades or Hess. The next time Parker got it down low (1:42) he tried the same thing and Christmas accentuated it by his actions. Should have been a foul earlier also.

So that is what Rak was talking to the ref about. Great move, and he did it such a cordial manner, smiling, friendly, like, "I'm not complaining, but he did hit me with the elbow."

sadly, I won't be surprised if there are some questionable "make up" calls at Cameron and Roc is the one struggling with foul trouble next time around

sadly, I won't be surprised if there are some questionable "make up" calls at Cameron and Roc is the one struggling with foul trouble next time around
Oh, I'm absolutely expecting that.

Frankly we had to embellish since Parker was elbowing all game. Just look at the one on Keita earlier. Our guys were just fed up with not getting offensive calls on that earlier.

Duke fans somehow think this is what Christmas does every game. If this game was actually called by the rules Parker would have been out 10 mins before the questionable foul took place.

That's pretty much the way it always works with Duke.

Why should that happen???

1. The calls were good.
2. Duke shot three pointers, your not getting to the line that way.
3. We don't foul much on defense. We don't play a agressive in your face handchecking D. We play a bring it at us keep our arms up and rebound zone trapping defense. The refs know what it is.
4. We really didn't have a home advantage on bad/close calls. In fact I could argue Duke had the benefit of bad calls on our home court. Don't forget the 5-6 over the backs and haks on the arms that duke commited on 18 offensive rebounds to start the second half. That could have gave us more cushion and also should have had Parker And Jefferson on the bench even quicker. The refs did them a favor on our home court.

Last edited:
Marsh01 said:
It was a shaky call at best but he did lower his shoulder and it gave the impression of a charge. Fortunate to get the call.

There's 3-4 every Knick game. Carmelo lowers his shoulder enough to give the impression of contact. Flop. Whistle.

Drives me crazy.