Cincinnati hires Brad Pike as Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director, Health and Wellness | Syracusefan.com

Cincinnati hires Brad Pike as Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director, Health and Wellness

Pike joins the Bearcats from Syracuse, where he worked for more than 20 years and served as the health care administrator for the athletic department and was the associate athletics director for sports medicine since 2016.

Pike worked with the Syracuse men's basketball program since 2000, winning one national championship and participating in three Final Fours. He was named head athletic trainer and director of sports medicine for the Orange in 2005. He also directed rehabilitation for all sports during his tenure at Syracuse.

He is a great great great man. One of the best. He helped me through an injury in high school. As nice and relaxed as it is possible to be and serious pro at what he does. Also it was fun hearing him hype up Wes Johnson before he started playing. That was a good call on his part.

Pike joins the Bearcats from Syracuse, where he worked for more than 20 years and served as the health care administrator for the athletic department and was the associate athletics director for sports medicine since 2016.

Pike worked with the Syracuse men's basketball program since 2000, winning one national championship and participating in three Final Fours. He was named head athletic trainer and director of sports medicine for the Orange in 2005. He also directed rehabilitation for all sports during his tenure at Syracuse.
Well for me at least - this is a big surprise. Good luck to Brad!

Well for me at least - this is a bid surprise. Good luck to Brad!
Agree. I have no inside knowledge of Brad, but figured he was an SU lifer at this point. Sounds like it might be a nice promotion from reading the syracuse.com article.

A huge loss, but Brad's going home to Ohio, which perhaps was a factor. One of the finest gentlemen I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Over the last 40 some-odd years, we've had Don Lowe, Tim Neal and Brad as Head Trainers. Not a bad list.

Sometimes new blood is not a bad thing, but I’m sure the staff will miss him.

A huge loss, but Brad's going home to Ohio, which perhaps was a factor. One of the finest gentlemen I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Over the last 40 some-odd years, we've had Don Lowe, Tim Neal and Brad as Head Trainers. Not a bad list

Good for him.

I will say, I can’t help but laugh at the titles at higher ed schools. Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director. Lol.

Hmm, too bad, he was my short-term neighbor. (Funny, before that he and his wife lived in the former women's hoops coach's house.)

The is a huge loss for SU. Brad is a great guy and an outstanding professional who is loved by the coaches, the players and all who know him. He actually treated me once for a gash on my elbow sustained in a freak accident on a Lake Como boat during the team's 2019 trip to Italy. Not only did he clean and patch it up, but he daily checked on it. Best medical care I've ever received

Last edited:
A loss for sure. Many years ago I rolled an ankle playing basketball. The folks in the emergency room gave me crutches and said stay off it for two weeks. After three days of not feeling any better, I went to our college's head trainer and within two hours I was walking unaided by crutches. These people are amazing at what they do.

Considering the current AD and Deputy AD at UC moved there from Syracuse I am guessing preexisting relationships played a role as well.
Gut: 1) after 22 years its ripe for a change and if it’s back home with a promotion, even better, and 2) Boeheim could be done after next year and better to get out before that versus being part of a new regime change.

Last edited:
Considering the current AD and Deputy AD at UC moved there from Syracuse I am guessing preexisting relationships played a role as well.
Pre-existing relationships yes. But Cunningham was at Minnesota for 3 years before becoming the AD at UC. Was at SU prior to that.

Pre-existing relationships yes. But Cunningham was at Minnesota for 3 years before becoming the AD at UC. Was at SU prior to that.
Cunningham followed Mark Coyle from school to school to school ... before finally leaving him for the Cincy job. He was a very likable guy during his 11 months at SU. (And obviously he and Brad liked each other)