CJ Fair and Schoolboy Q | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair and Schoolboy Q

I am also completely unsure what that means.

Bruthas = Brothers in the urban hip-hop vernacular
TDE = Top Dog Entertainment / associated with hip hop group
Bucket Hat = a brimmed hat like you often see hip hop artists wear (SchoolboyQ,
Schoolboy Q.jpg
a hip hop artist is known for wearing this type of hat)

For any TDE and hip-hop fans, John Buccigross sparked this hilarious Twitter interaction tonight.

ScHoolboy Q ‏@ScHoolBoyQ 23m
SHoutout to @cjfair I guess we brutHas now lol

CJ Fair ‏@cjfair 19m
Guess I gotta start wearing bucket hats now bro lol RT @ScHoolBoyQ: SHoutout to @cjfair I guess we brutHas now lol

According to Wiki, TDE = Top Dog Entertainment, an American independent record label founded in 2004, by chief executive officer (CEO) Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith and president Terrence "Punch" Henderson. There are currently seven artists signed to the label, including the flagship artists, Black Hippy members Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q and Ab-Soul. The label also houses a production division that includes Digi+Phonics, THC and King Blue.

I think this is Schoolboy Q wearing his 'bucket hat'.

schoolboyq13.jpg

ESPN anchor John Buccigross is said to be the most knowledgeable on the air personality at that network regarding hip hop.

I'm just curious why ScHoolboy Q said they were brutHas now, and if there is any significance to the capitalized H's? I think CJ would look cool in a Cuse bucket hat lol

Buccigross makes a lot of band references during highlights and last night it was this one- "What SchoolBoy Q is to Top Dawg Entertainment, C.J. Fair is to Syracuse."

That's what started it and now you can expect SU Athletics to start selling #5 bucket hats, which will totally not be using CJ's likeness to make a profit in any way.

Seriously though, Otto's Army better break out some bucket hats at the Dome now.

Erick Sermon (EPMD), would vehemently disagree with calling that a "bucket hat". That is clearly a fishermans hat.

According to Wiki, TDE = Top Dog Entertainment, an American independent record label founded in 2004, by chief executive officer (CEO) Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith and president Terrence "Punch" Henderson. There are currently seven artists signed to the label, including the flagship artists, Black Hippy members Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q and Ab-Soul. The label also houses a production division that includes Digi+Phonics, THC and King Blue.

I think this is Schoolboy Q wearing his 'bucket hat'.

schoolboyq13.jpg

ESPN anchor John Buccigross is said to be the most knowledgeable on the air personality at that network regarding hip hop.
what does ray lewis have to do with any of this?

i'm so confuSed

I love Q. Big Kendrick and Q fan, this is cool.

I'm just curious why ScHoolboy Q said they were brutHas now, and if there is any significance to the capitalized H's? I think CJ would look cool in a Cuse bucket hat lol
He capitalizes the H's in his twitter posts like he does the H in ScHoolboy.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't waste time with Twitter.

Erick Sermon (EPMD), would vehemently disagree with calling that a "bucket hat". That is clearly a fishermans hat.

It'll never take off. You can't wear it backward.

I'll make it simpler:
"Major" hip hop artist interacts with Syracuse player on twitter.
Syracuse looks cool to recruits and younger fans

I know...how stupid.

Now you all may continue arguing about the color of uniforms

A
Buccigross makes a lot of band references during highlights and last night it was this one- "What SchoolBoy Q is to Top Dawg Entertainment, C.J. Fair is to Syracuse."

That's what started it and now you can expect SU Athletics to start selling #5 bucket hats, which will totally not be using CJ's likeness to make a profit in any way.

Seriously though, Otto's Army better break out some bucket hats at the Dome now.

As someone who gets most of his references, he really needs to stop. 90% of the viewership has no idea what he's talking about. That said, the Twitter shout-out is pretty cool.

I'll make it simpler:
"Major" hip hop artist interacts with Syracuse player on twitter.
Syracuse looks cool to recruits and younger fans

I know...how stupid.

Now you all may continue arguing about the color of uniforms

THIS. We now look better to the 18 year old kids that we all worry about getting a commitment from. Just be happy and continue ignoring work and posting on a college fan message board.

I believe now I can deconstruct the events referenced in this thread.

So Buccigross makes an analogy between CJ fair / Cuse and School Boy Q / TDE

School Boy Q is actually watching sportscenter...tweets CJ Fair. acknowledging the reference.

Somewhere in a science lab the mystery to cold fusion is unlocked.

All is well in the world.

I believe now I can deconstruct the events referenced in this thread.

So Buccigross makes an analogy between CJ fair / Cuse and School Boy Q / TDE

School Boy Q is actually watching sportscenter...tweets CJ Fair. acknowledging the reference.

Somewhere in a science lab the mystery to cold fusion is unlocked.

All is well in the world.

workin' on it... (or not)

This information would have been really useful in the first post of this thread. I had no clue what was going on, especially Bucci's role in it, until I was wayyyy down in the thread. That being said, I still have no clue who Q is what TDE does or reps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom