CJ Has not been himself lately...but | Syracusefan.com

CJ Has not been himself lately...but

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I have 150% faith that he'll show up when we need him. He's been a big game player. I trust him over Ennis, Cooney, Grant etc. to get things done when they need to be done.

If today, a double-double, was a average or poor game for CJ...then us Orange fans should be as confident as ever heading into the round of 32.

We are in good hands with CJ, he'll limit his turnovers. Just some simple adjustments you know JB will get on him for.

LGO.

I have 150% faith that he'll show up when we need him. He's been a big game player. I trust him over Ennis, Cooney, Grant etc. to get things done when they need to be done.

If today, a double-double, was a average or poor game for CJ...then us Orange fans should be as confident as ever heading into the round of 32.

We are in good hands with CJ, he'll limit his turnovers. Just some simple adjustments you know JB will get on him for.

LGO.
Want to see the CJ Fair who played against Dook at home and also who those couple tough shots against Pitt in that comeback.

W. Mich pretty much double teamed CJ when he got a touch. CJ seems to be on the precipice of being able to do something with the ball when that happens but he is not quite there. Rather than resigning to the fact that the defensive assets of the opposition have been focused on him and attempting to facilitate others to score, he attempts to play a type of game that does not suit him. As a result we see a lot of shots that are not the type that he is accustomed to making a living off of and as he forces to try to drive or put the ball on the floor against the double team he is prone to getting tied up/ dribbling off his foot/ attempting an ill advised shot / making a bad pass.

As a huge CJ fan it is painful and frustrating to watch and I can only imagine the level of HIS personal frustration with it. The fact that he had a double / double today was actually surprising but the fact of the matter is he is capable of playing SO much better. We will need him to play well if we are going to make a deep run. I don't think there is any room for argument about that fact.

LGO.

I'm not sure I feel as excited as you, but he did do some good things today.

I still think he needs to stop hunting shots, and play a bit more composed on offense. He never seems to recognize when the drive to the rim isn't available.

As long as Grant gets more touches I wouldn't worry about CJ. It's the constant ISO that's been bothering me. Takes a few bad shots and turns it over too much.

As long as Grant gets more touches I wouldn't worry about CJ. It's the constant ISO that's been bothering me. Takes a few bad shots and turns it over too much.

My problem is when they make less baskets than what they prevent the other team from making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom