Class of 2016 - Class of 2013 Zack Greenlee (QB) Fresno St Transfer | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Class of 2013 Zack Greenlee (QB) Fresno St Transfer

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Might be something worth kicking the tires on.

“I just want to make sure that I take my time to find the right home and find the right fit,” Greenlee told FOX Sports Friday, adding that he’d prefer to get back to more of a pro-style system where he can operate more under center, which is what he did a lot of in high school. But more than anything, he said, "I just want to go somewhere I can grow as a quarterback and become a better player.”

[Sounds like he just wants out of Fresno St]

He said he’d like to begin making official visits as soon as possible and that he wants to stay at the FBS level. Remaining on the West Coast isn’t a priority. “Wherever the right place is for me I’m willing to go."

---
The Fresno County District Attorney's office has filed charges against Fresno State starting quarterback Zack Greenlee and a teammate after both were arrested last month during a house party near the campus.

The Fresno Bee reports that Greenlee, 20, was charged Tuesday with possession of alcohol by a minor, a misdemeanor.

Doesn't solve our QB shortage next year. I imagine he'll be required to sit no?

Why would a grad transfer want to come to a school that has a clear #1 with three years of eligibility left?

Why would a grad transfer want to come to a school that has a clear #1 with three years of eligibility left?
He could think he's better and could see that the QB is injury prone.

Our clear #1 has a history of injuries, and could be one bad hit away from being DQ'd.
And NONE of the current backup QB's exactly has the #2 spot on lockdown.

New coaching staff. Is Dungey really the #1? Don't you think its going to be a 100% open battle to get the starting spot? Now Dungey probably has the clear advantage, but what if Rex is fully recovered and he is balling outta control? We could have a controversy.

Why would any QB? We have such a talented, injury free depth chart that we have no need. Complete waste of time.

:D:D:D

And won't be running anything close to a pro-style offense.

A Clear #1 that went 0-5 in his last 5 starts and got knocked out of 3 games and has entire new coaching staff & system coming in...

Probably one of a handful of the most desirable places he could land if he's looking to go P5.

A Clear #1 that went 0-5 in his last 5 starts and got knocked out of 3 games and has entire new coaching staff & system coming in...

Probably one of a handful of the most desirable places he could land if he's looking to go P5.
Desirable, doubtful. If I'm a grad transfer I'm looking for a school that needs a starter.

That's for the feedback and sarcasm. Was truly interested in what peoples thoughts where as to way a grad transfer QB would come here.

Desirable, doubtful. If I'm a grad transfer I'm looking for a school that needs a starter.

How much more of a need could any school have? Have a "stater" who has either been knocked out of or missed more than 50% of his games, a frosh who is coming off of a torn acl & a couple others who don't appear to have any shot of stepping on the field under the new staff barring an emergency. If this isn't a desirable situation for a grad transfer who is confident in his ability, then I don't know what is.

He wants a pro style offense, and wants to be under center like he was in High School. Both of those are not options in Babers offense, next.

How much more of a need could any school have? Have a "stater" who has either been knocked out of or missed more than 50% of his games, a frosh who is coming off of a torn acl & a couple others who don't appear to have any shot of stepping on the field under the new staff barring an emergency. If this isn't a desirable situation for a grad transfer who is confident in his ability, then I don't know what is.
Take for example when Allen came here with no proven starter, that's a desirable situation. That's the school I would want to go to, I'm not going to some school where they have a proven starter. Plus he wants a pro style offense like he had in high school.

Who the heck is the proven starter? I'm as excited about Dungey as most, but the skill that he showed most in his limited play is of limited use in this new offense.

Who the heck is the proven starter? I'm as excited about Dungey as most, but the skill that he showed most in his limited play is of limited use in this new offense.

I think right now QB is a giant unknown. Obviously Dungey has a big leg up over the others. But the spring will go a long way towards solidifying the depth chart now that Culpepper will be a full participant.

chugg21 said:

Insane.

1. He passed for a ton of yardage for us. Made throws and plays no one since McNabb has made. He was a true freshman that was here for 1 training camp. He's legit. If you squint watching BGSU, both QB's have a lot in common.

2. Watch Bowling Green from last season. Their fat QB picked up his share of running yards every game - the lanes are there and if everyone is covered you can tuck and go. He'd run for 15 yards. Dungey goes 35.

He's our #1 and it's not close.

Insane.

1. He passed for a ton of yardage for us. Made throws and plays no one since McNabb has made. He was a true freshman that was here for 1 training camp. He's legit. If you squint watching BGSU, both QB's have a lot in common.

2. Watch Bowling Green from last season. Their fat QB picked up his share of running yards every game - the lanes are there and if everyone is covered you can tuck and go. He'd run for 15 yards. Dungey goes 35.

not to mention that Dungey showed accuracy and an impressive ability to throw a catchable deep ball, skills which will be accentuated in the Babers offense.

Insane.
Well he's #1 by default. There's no one else close to being a quality P5 starter on the roster. We should invite Babers bringing in some competition.

Whitey23 said:
Well he's #1 by default. There's no one else close to being a quality P5 starter on the roster. We should invite Babers bringing in some competition.

Got no problem with that.

Theres a brand new coach so clean slate and he thinks hes better.

Insane.

Insane? A ton of yardage? He topped out at 232 in a game. If he averaged 232 a game instead of being his high, that's 55th in the country. Our expectations are so disgustingly low that we are willing to throw our eggs in any basket that doesn't have a giant known hole at the bottom. As I've stated multiple times, I'm all about Dungey, but to believe that he's definitely the savior based on his body of work thus far is absurd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom