Clemson’s reign could be in trouble | Syracusefan.com

Clemson’s reign could be in trouble

Alsacs

Living Legend
D6DPcoDWAAIHdhJ

Thank you Drake.

D6DPcoDWAAIHdhJ

Thank you Drake.
I wonder how much the Alabama alums paid Drake to infect Dabo with Drakeness.

This is not proper cricket. I find it akin to plague infested hordes throwing appendages of other plague victims over the wall into a disease free medieval city.

Drake must be quarantined. He is now a public health hazard.

Put Sean Edinger on code orange; highest state of alert.

I say this all the time but it helps having Clemson in my opinion as it gives something to shoot for. We are following their path as I see it and if they can get people to that little town to play for them I can’t see why we can’t. Hoping we end up with a strong rivalry over whose orange is better.(ours of course lol). This game we have coming up will tell me how and where we are as a team. In my mind we crapped the bed at Nd and in big games Clemson comes at u hard and fast. We need that. They are coming in with us circled and it won’t be easy but I wouldn’t want it any other way. Again I would be shocked if they didn’t come out defensively guns blazing with tons of pressure not knowing how their dline will do and even when they had best dline in football they blitzed a ton. Looking forward to seeing our defense against them. Can’t wait.

I say this all the time but it helps having Clemson in my opinion as it gives something to shoot for. We are following their path as I see it and if they can get people to that little town to play for them I can’t see why we can’t. Hoping we end up with a strong rivalry over whose orange is better.(ours of course lol). This game we have coming up will tell me how and where we are as a team. In my mind we crapped the bed at Nd and in big games Clemson comes at u hard and fast. We need that. They are coming in with us circled and it won’t be easy but I wouldn’t want it any other way. Again I would be shocked if they didn’t come out defensively guns blazing with tons of pressure not knowing how their dline will do and even when they had best dline in football they blitzed a ton. Looking forward to seeing our defense against them. Can’t wait.

Their little town is in the south and a close drive to tons of talent. Our little town is north of the Wall and a close drive to, um, well, let's see, Canada?

Their little town is in the south and a close drive to tons of talent. Our little town is north of the Wall and a close drive to, um, well, let's see, Canada?
This is true but Canada is starting to send out some talent although the big guy that went to Kentucky is who I wanted. If we can get 2 or three every year we could be ok. Also though if u notice Clemson gets people from everywhere. They tend to only take a few S c kids which I would think they would have more but whatever.

This is true but Canada is starting to send out some talent although the big guy that went to Kentucky is who I wanted. If we can get 2 or three every year we could be ok. Also though if u notice Clemson gets people from everywhere. They tend to only take a few S c kids which I would think they would have more but whatever.
The Canadian graduate transfer from Michigan with 3 years of eligibility might be a good catch as well. ;)

Their campus is way different than SUs. One of my favorite I have ever visited.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. It’s nice to be relevant again. But it’s been a long time since SU has been a factor. Got to build on last season and string a few of them together before we start comparing ourselves to programs who have won NCs in the last 20 years.

I love our trajectory though.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. It’s nice to be relevant again. But it’s been a long time since SU has been a factor. Got to build on last season and string a few of them together before we start comparing ourselves to programs who have won NCs in the last 20 years.

I love our trajectory though.
But look at Clemson’s trajectory from b fore Dabo. Similar to ours. We just have to continue with what we have.

Their campus is way different than SUs. One of my favorite I have ever visited.
Their tailgating is phenomenal. Three years ago my son and I made a trip down there and hung out with some friends that graduated from Clemson. Sat in our seats along with about 100,000 other people. I can understand how easy it is to become a Tiger fan, unless you have been the fan of a different team for a long time. Death Valley is pretty impressive. I probably won’t be invited back since our rivalry has started. ;)

But look at Clemson’s trajectory from b fore Dabo. Similar to ours. We just have to continue with what we have.
But for them, Dabo came in at the end of a decent period. Perhaps it would be like us hiring Dino in 2003. Instead, we’ve been wandering the desert for 15-18 years after our run.

Clemson has advantages SU does not have:
regional talent pool, southern FB culture, seemingly endless money, etc.
But they didn’t used to have endless money. Winning builds everything including bank accounts. Now I know we may not pay Dino 9 mill + but Clemson light is a good thing and it’s possible. Clemson doesn’t get a ton of sc recruits. They go everywhere.

Clemson doesn't really have endless money and isn't nearly as rich as the Big 10 or SEC powers, but our alumni are committed to paying what it takes to win at this level, especially when the right coach is in place. Just as important is we have a President and Board of Trustees who "get" the value of football, and support it accordingly.

You cannot buy season tickets to Clemson football without first joining the booster club. And your donation level determines where you park and where your seats are located. Here are the giving levels: iptay levels. I think this year you have to be Orange level to maintain tickets, and Champion level to get a parking pass that's within walking distance of the stadium. And there's a waiting list for tickets, so there are at least some donors who aren't getting any tickets, and are just waiting for people to die off so they can get into the stadium.

I think the larger projects like the indoor practice facility ($20M+), the football operations building ($50M+), stadium upgrades, etc. are funded largely by major gifts which are outside the scope of your standard IPTAY donation.

I'll also add that the program does a good job of fostering a sense of "duty" in fans. A lot of people feel like it's their duty to the program to attend away games, buy bowl tickets, show up to the crappy noon games against Wofford, yell every snap on defense, and wear orange to work on Friday. I can't really tell you how that culture is built, because I'm a third generation Clemson grad and that's just how it's always been around here.

I'll also add that the program does a good job of fostering a sense of "duty" in fans. A lot of people feel like it's their duty to the program to attend away games, buy bowl tickets, show up to the crappy noon games against Wofford, yell every snap on defense, and wear orange to work on Friday. I can't really tell you how that culture is built, because I'm a third generation Clemson grad and that's just how it's always been around here.
Here at Syracuse, we also have an inherent sense of duty among our fan base. It is our duty to complain about parking, long bathroom lines, running on first down, every color other than orange, jingled keys, and coaches who read children’s books at press conferences. These traits are deep in our DNA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom