Clemson alum welcomes you to the ACC... | Syracusefan.com

Clemson alum welcomes you to the ACC...

ClemsonTiger

Walk On
Hello, Syracuse Nation...I just wanted to come on your board and say hello in preparation to being future conference mates in less than 2 weeks now...Even though I'm a South Carolina native, I have enjoyed watching Cuse basketball, especially in the Big East tournaments, over the years and I was at the bowl game (Gator) where your team surprised us Tigers by putting a sound beating so bad my family and I left the game in shock. I did keep up with some of the Doug Marrone era games you played recently and really liked your talent level, especially quarterback Ryan Nassib, and know you guys will compete on a high level in our conference in all sports.
Anyways, I know the cultural differences between the Northerners and Southerners will pop up but where I'm from in the coastal Myrtle Beach region of South Carolina I deal with people from NY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc., who have been moving here in throngs, on a daily basis at work, in my neighborhood, and so on, even developing close friendships with many, so it's all about taking the time and effort to get to know someone on a deeper level than the things you see on the the surface. With that said, I'm really glad we got your New York school, and fellow Orange enthusiasts, and not Rutgers (rumored to be in the ACC at one time) because I have found just a little of that "famous" Jersey attitude goes a long way...:p

I apologize for the long post and I want to close by saying I'm excited to share support for our conference together that tends to live in the shadow of the SEC down here and the B1G up there and will be wishing you guys to perform well and be successful, when you're not playing Clemson, in the future like I will also be cheering on Pittsburgh and Louisville once they arrive.

P.S.- I cannot wait to see your team play Dook and the Tar Holes in basketball. That will be epic, my friends...

Thank you! What a great post. Clemson fans have been nothing but class. My best friends uncle used to be a coach at clemson... last name Spence? Idk I'm pretty sure it was Clemson.

Anyways...

To beating Dook and UNC! Cheers!

Really looking forward to the ACC and visiting Death Valley. Condolences for the vandalism this past week. I mourn for Howard's Rock and the tradition it represents. I hope you find a way to fix it. There's a lot of superstition in sports and the rock is good karma for Clemson.

Thanks for posting. This post is the complete opposite of the email referred to in the Post Standard. I think memcorsu, was referring to your frosh DE EO, not OE. I spent about 36 hours in your burg when I took 3 Praxis teaching exams back to back to back. I lived in the ATL at the time and that was the closest location offering all 3. Anyway, I now live in the heart of those "Jersey attitudes" of which you speak. You were right not to want that stench in your conference. I can't wait until SU is officially a member of the ACC!

Hello, Syracuse Nation...I just wanted to come on your board and say hello in preparation to being future conference mates in less than 2 weeks now...Even though I'm a South Carolina native, I have enjoyed watching Cuse basketball, especially in the Big East tournaments, over the years and I was at the bowl game (Gator) where your team surprised us Tigers by putting a sound beating so bad my family and I left the game in shock. I did keep up with some of the Doug Marrone era games you played recently and really liked your talent level, especially quarterback Ryan Nassib, and know you guys will compete on a high level in our conference in all sports.
Anyways, I know the cultural differences between the Northerners and Southerners will pop up but where I'm from in the coastal Myrtle Beach region of South Carolina I deal with people from NY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc., who have been moving here in throngs, on a daily basis at work, in my neighborhood, and so on, even developing close friendships with many, so it's all about taking the time and effort to get to know someone on a deeper level than the things you see on the the surface. With that said, I'm really glad we got your New York school, and fellow Orange enthusiasts, and not Rutgers (rumored to be in the ACC at one time) because I have found just a little of that "famous" Jersey attitude goes a long way...:p

I apologize for the long post and I want to close by saying I'm excited to share support for our conference together that tends to live in the shadow of the SEC down here and the B1G up there and will be wishing you guys to perform well and be successful, when you're not playing Clemson, in the future like I will also be cheering on Pittsburgh and Louisville once they arrive.

P.S.- I cannot wait to see your team play Dook and the Tar Holes in basketball. That will be epic, my friends...

duke/tarheels play basketball....now that's funnySUball

Thanks for stopping by, and for the kind words. Can't wait for the ACC action to start up. Football and basketball will be awesome.

Glad to be a part of the ACC.

PS, what Clemson board is most prominent ??

our trip to Death Valley is the ACC trip I look forward to making the most. Can't wait to experience it!

Thank you! What a great post. Clemson fans have been nothing but class. My best friends uncle used to be a coach at clemson... last name Spence? Idk I'm pretty sure it was Clemson.

Anyways...

To beating Dook and UNC! Cheers!

Do you also mean the same guy who used to coach at syracuse too? Rob Spence?

Great weather, great football/basketball, and a class act in Clemson. Can't wait for the season to start, too! Looking forward to the ride down.

Hello, Syracuse Nation...
So there is the trade-off. We get to "mingle" with the VT fans again, bleh! But we get Clemson fans also. Coolness.

Although I kinda dread the NC State hoi polloi, whose reputation precedes them. BCx2.

Do you also mean the same guy who used to coach at syracuse too? Rob Spence?
Yes! hahaha I was thinking too hard about his name and involvement at Clemson to remember. He lived across the street from me. He had a very attractive daughter who attended FM in my class for a year.

I understand Dook is a negative connotation, but what does it mean? I'm trying to educate myself as we enter the ACC.

Good post!

Can't wait to compete with the Tigers!

And really looking forward to visiting Death Valley!

Great to be a part of a great conference - the ACC.

I understand Dook is a negative connotation, but what does it mean? I'm trying to educate myself as we enter the ACC.

The connotations are powder-blue lies. Forget the orange, let your true blue self prevail.

thanks.

lets see if you can win back that chunk of rock we took last week.

it will be on display next to Ernie's Heisman.

next year we take the rest and leave you for dead in death valley afer we deliver another sound beating that will have you scrambling for the exits early.

Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom