Clemson article in Post Standard | Syracusefan.com

Clemson article in Post Standard

SBro44

Walk On
I don't post much but I can't help myself...
I remember how arrogant the Clemson fan base was 15 years ago when we beat them 41 to zip...
Didn't West Virginia hang 70 on them... yeah the year we beat West Virginia...
Looks like THEIR fan base is out of touch with reality...

I suppose Clemson fans think their place in the CFB ranks is higher than it really is. But I also think lots of folks nationwide think more of Clemson than maybe they have really been. And that's a good thing for a conference. You need teams to be well regarded, even when they have perhaps underperformed. Regardless of whether or not Clemson fans properly view their place, they are an established Brand in CFB.

Folks can say syracuse fans overplay our importance too. But I like to think SU is a respected brand too. That helps ride out the down periods in the cyclical world of CFB.

The guy is a dope. I hope the Clemson team is c0ck-sure they can beat Syracuse too. They will end up like this guy:

images

If I ever go back and get a PhD in Media Studies, this kind of stuff will be my dissertation topic.

Scholars call phenomenon like that letter "Confirmation Bias." People seek out information that reinforces their existing viewpoint.

But what amazes me is the extent to which people go to confirm their own viewpoints. I mean, the nerve to tell a columnist from a newspaper that he's wrong just amazes me.

Its that stupid writer trying to generate "hits". Its been pointed out on this site before. Its just a clemson fan reacting to a Syracuse.com article which we can all agree are not what true cuse fans feel. At this point all we can do is try to tell any others team fans if they want to know what die-hard fans really think come to this website.

Its that stupid writer trying to generate "hits". Its been pointed out on this site before. Its just a clemson fan reacting to a Syracuse.com article which we can all agree are not what true cuse fans feel. At this point all we can do is try to tell any others team fans if they want to know what die-hard fans really think come to this website.
Honestly though...I don't know of any SU fan who thinks the odds favor Syracuse over Clemson at this point...and that is what the guy is insinuating that SU fans believe. However, we are also smart and loyal enough not to write it off either.

From 1987-2003 , that's 17 years teams finishing top 25, top 10, top 6. Florida St 17-14-14, Michigan 17-9-6, Miami 16-11-11, Nebraska 16-10-7, Tennessee 14-8-4, Florida 13-10-6, Notre Dame 12-5-5, Auburn 11-5-2, Penn St 11-4-2, Georgia 11-4-1, Texas A & M 11-4-0, Colorado 10-6-4, Kansas St 10-6-1, Ohio St 10-5-5, Alabama 10-5-3, Texas 10-2-2, Oklahoma 9-5-5, Syracuse 9-2-2, USC 8-4-2, Washington 8-3-3, Virginia Tech 8-3-2, Clemson 8-2-0. I went through every year and counted every team, and also have figures for runner up and national championships. Everything goes in cycle's, but that is a pretty good length of time, and a much better forecast of future success, then taking 7 or 8 years. I should have added this is the order that the teams are for those 17 years, all other schools had less top 25 appearances.

First of all, the writer is probably some 12 year old kid, so I wouldn't get too worked-up over his childish "my dad can beat up your dad" message.

Not to let the facts get in the way of a his/her argument, but according to this site (http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/bigeast/acc.shtml) one has to go all the way back to 1991 to find the last time Clemson beat a BE team (Temple). And as previous posters have pointed out, the Tigers were on the receiving end of some real BE butt-kickings since then.

Clemson will no doubt be favored when we meet this year, but their fans have nothing to crow about yet.

I wouldn't have brought it up if it weren't for the bowl game back with McNabb... I remember the weeks leading up the game the Clemson fans were mad they drew us (wanted someone better)... they were ranked in 20's, it's not like they were 11-1 and stuck playing some 6-6 SU team... and then we destroyed them.

Clemson.. no doubt strong program. Very good last couple years, but cocky as hell. If we beat them in the dome this year I would be presently surprised but not shocked by any means. It's college football... anything can happen.

I'm glad we are in the ACC for a ton of reasons.. with that said, ACC has been almost as irrelevant as the Big East the last 5 years. I don't know why people think otherwise. We are playing Clemson in the dome... NOT Bama in Tuscaloosa.

anyway... sumertime/football withdrawl blues

It's embarrassing that a beat writer actually penned a response to that.

The current state of Syracuse media makes "Twilight" look like "War and Peace".

It's embarrassing that a beat writer actually penned a response to that.

The current state of Syracuse media makes "Twilight" look like "War and Peace".
It's very typical of cuse.com. If you look at instances where they reference "reader feedback" and "What they are saying", they almost always pick the negative feedback to post and pass it off as the majority. In turn, it drives many more posts.

I've said it from day 1. Clemson is the buttgers of the south. You will grow to hate their entitled, over-hyped asses. I hope we pound them 42-0, break some arms and start a full blown rivalry because I hate Clemson

I've said it from day 1. Clemson is the buttgers of the south. You will grow to hate their entitled, over-hyped asses. I hope we pound them 42-0, break some arms and start a full blown rivalry because I hate Clemson
The list - USC, Missouri, LSU, auburn, Clemson, Ohio state and for d2 schools - buttgers

I've got some old classmates that went to Clemson and will enjoy what I hope will be a rivalry. One letter to an editor is meaningless... can't believe that they wrote the article for their blog.

Whoever wrote that article is an idiot and everyone on our board thinks so too. He definitely doesn't represent our fanbase and if any of you need a place to tailgate in 2014 give me hollar and I'll show you the true tiger spirit
I'll remember that next year. Don't worry we've got our share of idiots too. Its amazing how people can both wear orange colored glasses but see the exact opposite things! In the past 10 years or so both the Big East and the ACC have been largely irrelevant on the national scene. The BE because of SU and Pitt being down and the loss of Miami and Va Tech, the ACC because Miami and FSU have been down. Clemson has kind of been like WVU imo, not really down but also not able to take advantage of the rest of the conference being down. I think nationally Clemson probably has the better reputation than SU though Baggers research shows them to be similar. SU fans know we've been down. Really really down. So down that we're puffing our chests having gone 8-5 a couple times recently. Realistically I think for both SU and Clemson 8 to 10 win seasons (incl bowls) should be the norm, once in a while better, once in a while a little worse. Neither program should ever be as down as SU was under GRob. Shoudln't have happened but it did but now its over. What does that mean for next year? I doubt many SU fans will come out and say SU is going to win or should win. Clemson should have more talent on the field. BUT, you're coming to our house and we should be able to play with anybody in our own house. I would not be at all surprised if SU pulls an upset, but make no mistake, it will be an upset. Few SU fans will say we have no chance. I can see SU- Clemson developing a nice little rivalry in the ACC along with rekindling the rivalry with the Jokies (CAN NOT STAND THAT TEAM!) Some may want to rekindle the BC rivalry but I'd rather they continue to suck and make them our annual b-otch! Let's see who can bring more orange to the game SU or Clemson! One advantage Clemson does have is they have been able to make the orange on orange uniform work. SU has never been able to get that right for some reason. Maybe we'll get another chance, soon.

I don't believe any true Clemson or Syracuse fans are really thinking about game 5 aside from travel arrangements at this point. Clemson has UGA week 1 and SU has PSU week 1 so game 5 only becomes a huge event if both get W's to open the season and come in 4-0.

As to the Rutgers of the ACC, that's NC State. Clemson isn't anyone's little brother and that includes their in state SEC brethren.

I'll remember that next year. Don't worry we've got our share of idiots too. Its amazing how people can both wear orange colored glasses but see the exact opposite things! In the past 10 years or so both the Big East and the ACC have been largely irrelevant on the national scene. The BE because of SU and Pitt being down and the loss of Miami and Va Tech, the ACC because Miami and FSU have been down. Clemson has kind of been like WVU imo, not really down but also not able to take advantage of the rest of the conference being down. I think nationally Clemson probably has the better reputation than SU though Baggers research shows them to be similar. SU fans know we've been down. Really really down. So down that we're puffing our chests having gone 8-5 a couple times recently. Realistically I think for both SU and Clemson 8 to 10 win seasons (incl bowls) should be the norm, once in a while better, once in a while a little worse. Neither program should ever be as down as SU was under GRob. Shoudln't have happened but it did but now its over. What does that mean for next year? I doubt many SU fans will come out and say SU is going to win or should win. Clemson should have more talent on the field. BUT, you're coming to our house and we should be able to play with anybody in our own house. I would not be at all surprised if SU pulls an upset, but make no mistake, it will be an upset. Few SU fans will say we have no chance. I can see SU- Clemson developing a nice little rivalry in the ACC along with rekindling the rivalry with the Jokies (CAN NOT STAND THAT TEAM!) Some may want to rekindle the BC rivalry but I'd rather they continue to suck and make them our annual b-otch! Let's see who can bring more orange to the game SU or Clemson! One advantage Clemson does have is they have been able to make the orange on orange uniform work. SU has never been able to get that right for some reason. Maybe we'll get another chance, soon.

What are you talking about????? :D

Ugly_cuse_uniforms.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom