Clemson at Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Clemson at Louisville

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Noon today on ESPN. I find this to be a very interesting game. How does Louisville respond after the choke job vs Duke? Not sure how something like that would effect a teams mental state; or for that matter the fans in attendance too. After this game Louisville comes to the Dome and then returns home to play the first of two vs Virginia.

Lost in the Louisville angle is the importance of this game for Clemson too. The had been clawing close to the tournament discussion before they got sank on a lucky shot down in Miami. A win today at Louisville puts them back on fairly solid ground. Stuck at work but I'll have my tablet locked onto this one for the noon slate.

Big game (aren't they all now?) and the other angle is this... would we rather get Louisville off a bounce-back win over Clemson, or off back-to-back tough losses? I hope they trounce Clemson today, and come into the Dome feeling better about themselves, but that's just me. Maybe, if they lose to Clemson, they come in with their dobbers down feeling lost and over-rated?

Yeah, probably not...

If you're into ACCT byes and seeding this is an important game too. Louisville still has us and two games vs Virginia. A loss today and we have a chance to not necessarily sink them Wednesday, but put them in a very tough position. All of a sudden their great season could begin to fall apart. I like Louisville falling apart. That's my favorite kind of Louisville.

Clemson got called for an illegal screen and the color guy said "One thing you've got to do as a screener is give the offensive player an opportunity to get around the screen." Eh?

I was trying to figure out who to root for. They are both future opponents. if Clemson wins than our victory over Louisville, if we can get one, will be somewhat diminished. And Clemson, who started out with the kind of scheudle we will now be playing, will get a leg up on their comeback and be harder to beat in that last game. But we need wins and if we can get them now, we can make that game irrelevant. So i'm rooting for the Other Orange today. Keep Louisville down for a while longer.

Clemson got called for an illegal screen and the color guy said "One thing you've got to do as a screener is give the offensive player an opportunity to get around the screen." Eh?

I was trying to figure out who to root for. They are both future opponents. if Clemson wins than our victory over Louisville, if we can get one, will be somewhat diminished. And Clemson, who started out with the kind of scheudle we will now be playing, will get a leg up on their comeback and be harder to beat in that last game. But we need wins and if we can get them now, we can make that game irrelevant. So i'm rooting for the Other Orange today. Keep Louisville down for a while longer.

Did he mean that you have to stop moving before making contact? As in, you can’t just run into the guy like you’re blocking in football?

First team to 40 wins on Wednesday?

Nah, I have no doubt that Nwora (he of Upstate NY) and Enoch will enjoy plenty of open looks from 3 against the vaunted SU zone

Two missed free throws, a missed put back and a foul on a dunk. Thomas shouldn't have been at the perimeter guarding a big. Bad strategy by Clemson.

I expect if we win Wednesday it will be very similar to how we beat Clemson and it won’t be pretty at all.

Did he mean that you have to stop moving before making contact? As in, you can’t just run into the guy like you’re blocking in football?

No. the guy was a statue at the point of contact. The color guy said specifically that you have to give the offensive guy a way to get around you. if you do that, it isn't a screen, is it?

No. the guy was a statue at the point of contact. The color guy said specifically that you have to give the offensive guy a way to get around you. if you do that, it isn't a screen, is it?
Was it one of those “the 7footer’s legs must not be wide than his waist/shoulders” situation that Chu got calked for before?

This defense could hold Louisville to under 50. That offense is capable of being more putrid than ours. Contain Nwora (tough task) and it's a big W.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom