Clemson fan welcming you to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fan welcming you to the ACC

Wanted to say welcome to the ACC. I look forward to seeing some 'Cuse fans coming to Death Valley in the near future. You will have to fill me in on some of your traditions.

As for Clemson, we are known for a loud stadium and for Howard's Rock/running down the hill. (entrance). Below is an address to youtube that has a comparison of noise on the television compared to the noise on the field during a Clemson vs Miami game that you may find interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTGRMv1DmM

As for Howard's Rock, there are multiple videos available. The following address is one from a night game against GT about 5 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1oT-uG5p9k&feature=related

Anyway, hope to have fun talking football with the new ACC brethren.

Just wait for a disgruntled, anti-ACC SU fan install a trip-wire on the hill.

lmao...
couple of players actually took a spill at the bottom of the hill last week against Auburn. Also had a long-snapper break his leg a few years ago when he jumped off of the little hill about half way down.

ALRIGHT...Another homebrewer. We have a few brewers (and distillers) on this site. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to sample your brew at a tailgate someday.

that's some good stuff there, very cool. Thanks for the welcome. Just ignore the inevitable ingrates found on any board. Very few here. Looking forward to that setting somewhere down the road.

What's the best board to follow you guys?

Welcome to the board! Appreciate the info, you're board name, and of course your teams color of choice! I've always had a rooting interest in Clemson and only reason I can figure is the color Orange.

Hopefully you guys stay planted in the ACC. Is there any interest from Clemson fans to jump ship if the $EC comes calling?

ALRIGHT...Another homebrewer. We have a few brewers (and distillers) on this site. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to sample your brew at a tailgate someday.

You would be welcome to my tailgate. I got into homebrew about 8 years ago. I have slowed down on it some, mainly because that stuff will really pack the weight on you if you are not careful. I used to run three pepsi kegs in a refrigerator in my garage.

Never tried my hand at distilling. I sampled moonshine once, and once only. It was basically white gasoline. People that dring that stuff have a death wish.

Wanted to say welcome to the ACC. I look forward to seeing some 'Cuse fans coming to Death Valley in the near future. You will have to fill me in on some of your traditions.

As for Clemson, we are known for a loud stadium and for Howard's Rock/running down the hill. (entrance). Below is an address to youtube that has a comparison of noise on the television compared to the noise on the field during a Clemson vs Miami game that you may find interesting:

As for Howard's Rock, there are multiple videos available. The following address is one from a night game against GT about 5 years ago.

Clemson is a beautiful campus. Went there for the NIT game back in 2007. It was great atmospher for a b-ball game. It's a good thing they had some kind of ticket promotion going on so you could get your fans to come out as it was also Spring Break that week. Had some nice bars with food off the campus as well. Hopefully can make that trip again it was a lot of fun, except we lost that game after a furious comeback.

Welcome to the board! Appreciate the info, you're board name, and of course your teams color of choice! I've always had a rooting interest in Clemson and only reason I can figure is the color Orange.

Hopefully you guys stay planted in the ACC. Is there any interest from Clemson fans to jump ship if the $EC comes calling?

Thanks for the welcome. As for the SEC, a lot of fans would want to make the jump because football is king with our fans, followed probably by baseball. Basketball is gaining popularity, but we are the traditional doormats of the ACC in basketball. A lot of the desire to go SEC is due to the disparity of monies between the tv deals, and also with the rabid nature of the fan bases. Hopefully, the restructuring of the new contracts will alleviate one of the concerns. As for the rabid fan bases, I am afraid there is not a short-term solution to that issue. If everyone stays in the ACC, then only improved football for sustained lengths of time can realistically improve that situation.

There is a sizable faction of fans that want to stay in the ACC because it offers an easier path to national relevancy in football. I think our university president is content with where we are now. However, an interview with the head of our board indicated basically that the next 2 schools were important...something about little appetite for raiding NE schools for the 15th and 16th (UCONN and RU). He basically indicated that it would be his wish that the last 2 schools be the best football powers possible.

With that said, I think both FSU and Clemson will stay in the ACC, especially if the final 2 teams are strong football powers. IF, however, a push is made to focus solely on basketball schools for the final two, then that could change the equation. I know that FSU led the charge to keep the buyout at 20 mil instead of 34 mil. While a lot of money, its not as much as it seems. CU, for example, has that in reserves in its booster club (IPTAY).

To be honest, its a moot point anyway at this juncture. An invitation from the SEC will probably not come to FSU or to Clemson anyway.

lmao...
couple of players actually took a spill at the bottom of the hill last week against Auburn. Also had a long-snapper break his leg a few years ago when he jumped off of the little hill about half way down.
Just bustin' balls! It is a neat tradition, that I'm surprise has stayed in the program, based on the possibility of getting injured before seeing the field. The rock will always stay, but what about the hill run? Does the administration ever fear it will injure someone important? Do they practice, so that no one actually does get hurt? I'd have shat myself every run down there if I were CJ Spiller.

that's some good stuff there, very cool. Thanks for the welcome. Just ignore the inevitable ingrates found on any board. Very few here. Looking forward to that setting somewhere down the road.

What's the best board to follow you guys?

Depends on what exactly you are after. If you want the best site for team info, as well as a good board, then the clemson rivals site would be the best. The paid board is great, but the free board is not very active and its full of homers that can be hard to take.
http://clemson./default.asp?SID=911&ReturnTo=clemson.&LIN=1

The scout site has a decent free board.
http://clemson.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./

The largest free board that is also a kind of social site too is tigernet. It has had over 11 million forum posts to date.
http://www.tigernet.com/

My favorite free site, especially for frank, non-homer analysis, as well as some unbelievable articles on how different defenses and offenses are run would be ShakingtheSouthland. You can learn a lot about why teams do what they do from this site.
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/

Interesting take on wanting to add the 2 best "football" schools. Any ideas on who those targets might include?

Thanks for the welcome. As for the SEC, a lot of fans would want to make the jump because football is king with our fans, followed probably by baseball. Basketball is gaining popularity, but we are the traditional doormats of the ACC in basketball. A lot of the desire to go SEC is due to the disparity of monies between the tv deals, and also with the rabid nature of the fan bases. Hopefully, the restructuring of the new contracts will alleviate one of the concerns. As for the rabid fan bases, I am afraid there is not a short-term solution to that issue. If everyone stays in the ACC, then only improved football for sustained lengths of time can realistically improve that situation.

There is a sizable faction of fans that want to stay in the ACC because it offers an easier path to national relevancy in football. I think our university president is content with where we are now. However, an interview with the head of our board indicated basically that the next 2 schools were important...something about little appetite for raiding NE schools for the 15th and 16th (UCONN and RU). He basically indicated that it would be his wish that the last 2 schools be the best football powers possible.

With that said, I think both FSU and Clemson will stay in the ACC, especially if the final 2 teams are strong football powers. IF, however, a push is made to focus solely on basketball schools for the final two, then that could change the equation. I know that FSU led the charge to keep the buyout at 20 mil instead of 34 mil. While a lot of money, its not as much as it seems. CU, for example, has that in reserves in its booster club (IPTAY).

To be honest, its a moot point anyway at this juncture. An invitation from the SEC will probably not come to FSU or to Clemson anyway.

Though SU is most recently known as a basketball school, it has a strong football tradition that the school wants to renew. As our football coach says: rejuvenate. We want to compete with the best and hope our football program is on the rise. To that end, we'd look forward to giving the fb powers in the ACC a good game and make ACC football stronger, not weaker. I love your orange, but hope our shade prevails...

Really looking forward to visiting Death Valley and battling the Tigers in the Dome.

Should be a lot of fun!

Thanks for comin over homebrew, I look forward to games against Clemson. Should be a lot of fun.

Clemson was my second choice for college way back when. It really should have been my first based solely on the fineness of the female persuasion at the school. I was lured away by scholarship money, unfortunately. I'm ashamed of myself. :bat:

I will never let my sons make the same mistake. :D

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 c-l-e-m-s-o-n...t-i-g-e-rrrrrrr-s. Fight Tigers Fight Tigers Fight Fight Fight.

The Gator bowl was nearly 16 years ago and I still can't get that out of my head.

Can't wait to go to a game down there.

I have a bit of family in SC and i havnt been down to visit them yet. I told them the first SU @ Clemson game i will be down :)

Funny I can't get the thought of what mcnabb and harrison did to us out of my head. Talk about a bruised psyche...that gator bowl experience didn't really occur. If I repeat that enough I almost believe it.

I have a bit of family in SC and i havnt been down to visit them yet. I told them the first SU @ Clemson game i will be down :)
Hope you make the trip. We treat fans well. Everyone will feed you and get you drunk too. Tailgating starts at six am for the big games regardless of the kickoff time. There will usually be anywhere from 90k up to 120k fans tailgaiting. Usually about 10-40k fans stay outside tailgating (never even had tickets).

So what do y'all predict your football record to be this year? Not sure about clemson. We could win anywhere from 7 to maybe ten if we get really lucky. I don't see us beating GA TECH or S CAROLINA this year.