Clemson Game Thread... | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impressed with your defense but I’m not sure this QB is the franchise. His balance was shockingly bad.

New to the system?? Its his 3rd year. I remember mentioning to my dad that eric dungey looked really good after about 2 games his freshman yr... Devito, as a redshirt sophomore... does not look good

Holy crap, you can’t just jump into a game thread without reading all the pages.

I’d cut you a break for missing the sarcasm but you’re already the 3rd person to do the same exact thing AND I spent a lot of time reading every page tonight.

It's probably just me but does Trevor Lawrence remind anyone of a really really young super tall and buff Jimmy Carter?...

Can we succeed with a pocket passer? We never recruit good linemen.

I’m having serious doubts.
Yes. I don’t think the Maryland DL dominated like this last week.
Our QB has to play smarter. DeVito has thrown a stupid INT 3 weeks in a row after he has tried to make a play instead of throwing it away.

No O line, no QB = 4-8 season. I had such high hopes for this season, i guess that's life.
I really I think you are being overly optimistic. Who do you think we going to beat to get to 4-8? I see us, the way we played tonight, beating Holy Cross maybe Western Michigan. Let's see how HCDB figures this year out.

Yes. I don’t think the Maryland DL dominated like this last week.
Our QB has to play smarter. DeVito has thrown a stupid INT 3 weeks in a row after he has tried to make a play instead of throwing it away.
It’s 1st down and we throw a pic. 1st down!!!

Can we succeed with a pocket passer? We never recruit good linemen.

I’m having serious doubts.
THIS. Millhouse says Dino’s system works fine with a pocket passer - but Dino didn’t have to face ACC defenses at bowling green.

Even sunshine is more of a running threat than tommy.

THIS. Millhouse says Dino’s system works fine with a pocket passer - but Dino didn’t have to face ACC defenses at bowling green.

Even sunshine is more of a running threat than tommy.
I think for T DeVito to succeed in this offense he's going to get out of the pocket and run his ass off. He can do it - he did it tonight just not enough. There were first downs he should and could have gotten but he chose to throw the ball out of bounds most of the time because the line let everyone through or were bypassed. It's why ED was a great QB here - he took risks because he had to not depending on his line a lot of the time. TD cannot be a pocket passer here - too bad E Dungey didn't have another year. It was good to see him being interviewed - sorry about his Dad.

Last edited:
Holy crap, you can’t just jump into a game thread without reading all the pages.

I’d cut you a break for missing the sarcasm but you’re already the 3rd person to do the same exact thing AND I spent a lot of time reading every page tonight.
Cool beans

Third game starting against the defending National Championsw with a cut and paste OLine and mistakes will be made.

Lawrence made the same mistake as Devito not seeing a defender. Tommy just did it at a critical time.

Dino is my guy.
Tommy is my QB.
LGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online