Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

Why is Bryant getting this special treatment gbo?

I can see why Hurts would get it at Alabama after winning them a title but Bryant is a Juco who was steady for a year for you guys nothing more nothing less. Why would Dabo lose him as a backup? Make the move in a week and its too late. Would he really sabotage the team or whatever if Dabo replaced him after week 5 and not week 4?

Whole lot of drama you guys got going on...

I don't understand this. Lawrence has been better this season. By making the change now, he give Bryant the ability to transfer. If he waits another game or two he's stuck.

I give Dabo credit for just this. He could have strung him along another game to ensure he'd have a capable backup with playoff experience. He did right by Bryant by doing it this way.

It's still turmoil and creates a few issues. But it was unavoidable, I think. 1st world problem for Clemson!

Yep. You're turning into Duke basketball;)
Haha nah. I am curious how USC kept all their stud QBs and how Bama convinced Hurts to stay. Bryant will be the 4th QB to transfer from Clemson since Lawrence arrived on campus.

I give Dabo credit for just this. He could have strung him along another game to ensure he'd have a capable backup with playoff experience. He did right by Bryant by doing it this way.

It's still turmoil and creates a few issues. But it was unavoidable, I think. 1st world problem for Clemson!

Yeah I cant agree more, Dabo is a class act and a coach who genuinely cares about his players first and foremost. He's going to be honest with them and do whats best for them, you have to respect the hell out of that. If there were more like him in the coaching ranks NCAA football would be a much better place

Why is Bryant getting this special treatment gbo?

I can see why Hurts would get it at Alabama after winning them a title but Bryant is a Juco who was steady for a year for you guys nothing more nothing less. Why would Dabo lose him as a backup? Make the move in a week and its too late. Would he really sabotage the team or whatever if Dabo replaced him after week 5 and not week 4?

Whole lot of drama you guys got going on...
Bryant came to Clemson as a freshman. Dabo didn't want to lose him but he also didn't want it to look like he strung him along just so he couldn't leave. Dabo said he loves Bryant like a son and I believe that. That is why this is causing a lot of drama.

You sound like CousCuse
I was just pointing that when we sent our little kid down there a couple of years ago, they really put a goon, thug hit on him. I didn't say or mean to imply the guys should intentionally take a cheap shot, but according to a lot of people, things just happen.

I think he is trying to do right by the kid and the team.. also think Bryant needs to suck it up and practice hard and let it play out.. as we and he knows your #1 goes down and he could be running the gauntlet for another NC.

Doesn't Clemson have 17 all american RBs they can just roll out and run it down our throat to take the pressure off the Freshman QB ohhh and said Freshman QB has been playing better the Senior QB...
*ROLLS EYES* yeah this is good for us

I don't wish injury on anyone, but if Lawrence pulls a groin or something on the first series of the game and has to sit out until next week, I won't complain.

I think he is trying to do right by the kid and the team.. also think Bryant needs to suck it up and practice hard and let it play out.. as we and he knows your #1 goes down and he could be running the gauntlet for another NC.
How do you want him to feel? He took them to the playoffs last year and lost to Alabama, and for that he loses the starting job and maybe his draftability. I'm sure programs have already inquired thru the grapevine, big time programs that just need a QB to compete for a NC.

I don't understand this. Lawrence has been better this season. By making the change now, he gives Bryant the ability to transfer. If he waits another game or two he's stuck.
This shows what a good person dabo is having the kids best interest at heart, BUT, to ensure the greater good of the team and your teams success he should have done it as I described.

You'd likely win out this year (and who knows you guys may be SO good, can get by this distraction and win out anyway), but this opens up a can of worms in our favor. Just look at the turmoil on your own board. And unlike last year where your schedule was good enough to afford a loss and still get in the FF, this years schedule won't allow a misfire.

We're gonna give you guys a game and may pull it off this weekend. Having seen this type thing first hand it's inevitable it somewhat adversely effects your team. Now you guys may very well be good enough and business like to overcome it and the human factor involved, but given all the other factors at play this year (mostly were pretty damn good and improved vs last year were if memory serves we did win), this factor is significant enough to get me off the snide to call the upset.

Last edited:
This shows what a good person dabo is having the kids best interest at heart, BUT, to ensure the greater good of the team and your teams success he should have done it as I described.

You'd likely win out this year (and who knows you guys may be SO good, can get by this distraction and win out anyway), but this opens up a can of worms in our favor. Just look at the turmoil on your own board. And unlike last year where your schedule was good enough to afford a loss and still get in the FF, this years schedule won't allow a misfire.

We're gonna give you guys a game and may pull it off this weekend. Having seen this type thing first hand it's inevitable it somewhat adversely effects your team. Now you guys may very well be good enough and business like to overcome it and the human factor involved, but given all the other factors at play this year (mostly were pretty damn good and improved vs last year were if memory serves we did win), this factor is significant enough to get me off the snide to call the upset.
I'm not talking about that. You call the upset all you want. There are plenty of reasons and distractions to warrant it.

I'm talking about how you claimed we dissed a 4 year player in Bryant. I don't see that. I think he was given every chance and he just got beat out. It happens.

Haha nah. I am curious how USC kept all their stud QBs and how Bama convinced Hurts to stay. Bryant will be the 4th QB to transfer from Clemson since Lawrence arrived on campus.
$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm not talking about that. You call the upset all you want. There are plenty of reasons and distractions to warrant it.

I'm talking about how you claimed we dissed a 4 year player in Bryant. I don't see that. I think he was given every chance and he just got beat out. It happens.
Wasn't he a multi year starter? Bench him err not starting him in the middle of his senior season = public diss. Start him if and until hes not producing, not performing or tl is SO superior and let it play out naturally. No distractions no issues you make the NC game. Now not so certain good for us.

Yeah, in the end, if Bryant thinks this is what's best for himself, then good on Dabo for letting him do it.

I don't think this is a sign of team disharmony. Players are treated like commodities in the recruiting process and in draft evaluation. Why not allow them to act like the commodities they're treated as in order to maximize their value?

Anyone who thinks this is a positive for Cuse is smoking crack. The fact is this kid is a true freshman and 4 QBs that we would have sold our children for are leaving as soon as he got there. Let that sink in. This isn't good, this isn't good at all. Dabo isn't an idiot. He's putting everything on this kid. I'm more than worried about Sat.

Dabo must have promised Lawrence the starting job to get him to commit.

Why would they announce that now with multiple practices left before gameday? Are we that much of a non factor to them?

Wasn't he a multi year starter? Bench him err not starting him in the middle of his senior season = public diss. Start him if and until hes not producing, not performing or tl is SO superior and let it play out naturally. No distractions no issues you make the NC game. Now not so certain good for us.
He started for the first time last year. He has played well this year but has only thrown for 2 tds and run for 3 more. Feels like to me that it played out about as well as it could. Lawrence has proven to be a better player. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Jalen Hurts started for 2 years at Alabama and is now the backup. I don't hear anyone crying for him.

Why would they announce that now with multiple practices left before gameday? Are we that much of a non factor to them?
I think he did it because he knew Kelly wouldn't take it well. Announcing it early would give him time to digest it. That obviously backfired.

Then what is the rush to start Lawrence. Clemson would be the teams on their schedule with either QB, or would they. Now I'm seeing the light. Dabo was worried that Syracuse could score quickly early and if Bryant didn't score back, they would go down a couple of scores and he didn't want to try to put the freshman in the hole. Huge advantage Syracuse. They forced an asset off the board before the first snap.

I think he did it because he knew Kelly wouldn't take it well. Announcing it early would give him time to digest it. That obviously backfired.
That’d make sense, thank you I really couldn’t comprehend it. We have a stud line and mobile lb’s... I just really don’t know why you’d give us 2 days to really dial in on Lawrence.

Reactions: gbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom