Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

Then what is the rush to start Lawrence. Clemson would be the teams on their schedule with either QB, or would they. Now I'm seeing the light. Dabo was worried that Syracuse could score quickly early and if Bryant didn't score back, they would go down a couple of scores and he didn't want to try to put the freshman in the hole. Huge advantage Syracuse. They forced an asset off the board before the first snap.

Well let's break this down. Lawrence is better then Bryant soooo...wait for it...wait...he should be the starter.
It's how it works...

Then what is the rush to start Lawrence. Clemson would be the teams on their schedule with either QB, or would they. Now I'm seeing the light. Dabo was worried that Syracuse could score quickly early and if Bryant didn't score back, they would go down a couple of scores and he didn't want to try to put the freshman in the hole. Huge advantage Syracuse. They forced an asset off the board before the first snap.
giphy1.gif

PAcuse is right. I would just read what he wrote.

Well let's break this down. Lawrence is better then Bryant soooo...wait for it...wait...he should be the starter.
It's how it works...
Because you really, really want Bryant to stay on the team. They now only have 2 QB's on the roster. No, the prospect of a shootout precipitated this.

That’d make sense, thank you I really couldn’t comprehend it. We have a stud line and mobile lb’s... I just really don’t know why you’d give us 2 days to really dial in on Lawrence.
When it first came out I was confused and frustrated too. I couldn't believe we'd give you guys that much time to prep. What has recently transpired brings the decision into focus.

Because you really, really want Bryant to stay on the team. They now only have 2 QB's on the roster. No, the prospect of a shootout precipitated this.
You seem like a decent poster but you are way off on this.

Interesting first application of the new rule. Clemson essentially loses an insurance policy.

Because Dabo doesn't believe in that and I agree with him. Why would you string a kid along like that?
Because he and his fans want a championship, everybody's feelings are secondary. I just don't think that he thinks the offense could keep up with Dungey& Co.

You have 2 Qb's left on your roster. Why couldn't he have strung the frosh along this season. Nope, he scared of Orange fast, I can see it in his eyes and actions.
Stop. Dabo made the decision that he couldn't win the national championship with Bryant and he might be able to with Lawrence. It really is as simple as that.

Stop. Dabo made the decision that he couldn't win the national championship with Bryant and he might be able to with Lawrence. It really is as simple as that.
It gives Syracuse a psychological advantage to believe these actions were precipitated out of fear of the Orange offense. Which is the only logical explanation to the events that transpired.

I think this gives Syracuse an advantage regardless. These are 18-19 year old kids. I'm sure some on the team wanted Bryant to start over Lawrence and are probably now questioning what is going on here. Clemson's a terrific team regardless but Bryant brings a different dynamic than Lawrence...now they don't have that. One less QB to plan for.

Classy move by Dabo. Obviously made this with Bryant's best interest in mind. Bryant should have been a little classier in his response, but I think it's reasonable that he is upset about losing the keys to the Lambo, he'll learn to handle it better as he gets older.

Not sure about psychological advantage but you don’t announce something like this (when you’re facing a team with two top 10 pAss rushers and the ncaa’s leader in INT’s) unless you’re holding true to your integrity as a well intentioned coach. Another reason I like Davo

Lol. No.

The rush to start Lawrence is that he's good enough to be the difference in the playoff and he needs experience. He's outplayed Bryant. I don't think they are any more worried about Syracuse than any other team on their schedule. Bottom line: if they think Lawrence gives them the best chance to win the game, you play him. I think that's what happened.

Note: Doing so now is classy and a nice move on Dabo's part. He could have started Bryant this week and then sat him, limiting his chance to play anywhere else.

This also shows how hard it is going to be to keep all multiple quality qb's on your roster and especially difficult when the youngest is the most talented.

This transfer rule is going to open up a bunch of interesting scenerios.

Look, Dabo said this is one of the best offenses that they will see this year. The FEAR of the SU offensive potential forced his hand and cost him a huge piece of his offense.

So you want to force someone to stay and start them even though you have someone that is much better. That seems terrible.

A lot of coaches will do this, I think. Because they are not good humans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom