Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

i thought it was less than others have brought.. some scattered thru the crowd but certainly didnt fill out the visitor section like other schools.

Notre Dame brought more. Tennessee brought way, way more. But Clemson had a very fine showing. 2,500 to 3,500, I'd say. Didn't even sell to the top of he 300 deck in the visiting section. Only matched by West Virginia from the old Big East, however. Impressive considering the distance. And they were loud.

And every one I talked to was civil. Hope they win it all.

Notre Dame brought more. Tennessee brought way, way more. But Clemson had a very fine showing. 2,500 to 3,500, I'd say. Didn't even sell to the top of he 300 deck in the visiting section. Only matched by West Virginia from the old Big East, however. Impressive considering the distance. And they were loud.

And every one I talked to was civil. Hope they win it all.

That's about it. Tennessee had 7-8k and they stretched all around the 3rd deck from corner to corner along with a few sections in the lower level. Clemson did great but it was about 2500 based on the number of sections they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about it. Tennessee had 7-8k and they stretched all around the 3rd deck from corner to corner along with a few sections in the lower level. Clemson did great but it was about 2500 based on the number of sections they had.

Well, we sold 2,700 just through the school alone. I was in section 320 and we probably had 75 fans just in that section alone. Not sure we had 5k there but definitely more than 4k.

Well, we sold 2,700 just through the school alone. I was in section 320 and we probably had 75 fans just in that section alone. Not sure we had 5k there but definitely more than 4k.

You sold 2550 and you didn't have close to another 1500 in other sections. Sorry, I know what each section holds.

You sold 2550 and you didn't have close to another 1500 in other sections. Sorry, I know what each section holds.

Dammit (Bees I wanted to gloat) we were close, real close to a sellout! The tickets sold were 48,961...what like 300 shy of a sellout. Something to shoot for in the future! I wish we did this every game!

Lol. Whatever. I'll let you console yourself with this delusion. Good luck to you all next week.

Lol. Whatever. I'll let you console yourself with this delusion. Good luck to you all next week.

I'm not consoling myself. But I do know what each section holds. It's laughable that someone thinks they can estimate a crowd better than someone that has been there for 30+ years and knows what the really big crowds look like. I know you want to think you travel like a Tennessee or PedSt but you don't.

I'm not consoling myself. But I do know what each section holds. It's laughable that someone thinks they can estimate a crowd better than someone that has been there for 30+ years and knows what the really big crowds look like. I know you want to think you travel like a Tennessee or PedSt but you don't.

We don't, and our alumni base doesn't compare to either of those schools. They churn out twice the number of degrees that we do and they are both the lone flagship state universities in both TN & PA, respectively. What we do in terms of filling our stadium and traveling is way more impressive than either of those two schools when you consider both those factors. Come down to Clemson next year and you can see for yourself.

OhioTiger ... Hope you made it back to Dayton before all the weather hit. Congratulations on the big win.

As a number of us have stated here and elsewhere, Clemson brought more fans than anyone in the old Big East other than WVU ... All the way from South Carolina. Well done.

But you've got to understand that we've been coming to the Dome week in and week out for 30+ years. Tennessee by far and away brought more away fans than anyone. Imagine the entire end zone top to bottom. Think creamsicle orange of biblical proportions. And that was about 7,000. I missed the last Penn State game (thankfully) and can't comment on that. And Notre Dame filled the visiting section to the top. I know since I pilfered two ND tickets just to get into the Dome and sat three rows from the top.

You had more than 2,500 but less than 3,500. We're glad you came and hope you come back in two years.

I know it wasn't much of a game, but we gave it our best. I'm curious of what you thought of the Dome after your first trip?

OhioTiger ... Hope you made it back to Dayton before all the weather hit. Congratulations on the big win.

As a number of us have stated here and elsewhere, Clemson brought more fans than anyone in the old Big East other than WVU ... All the way from South Carolina. Well done.

But you've got to understand that we've been coming to the Dome week in and week out for 30+ years. Tennessee by far and away brought more away fans than anyone. Imagine the entire end zone top to bottom. Think creamsicle orange of biblical proportions. And that was about 7,000. I missed the last Penn State game (thankfully) and can't comment on that. And Notre Dame filled the visiting section to the top. I know since I pilfered two ND tickets just to get into the Dome and sat three rows from the top.

You had more than 2,500 but less than 3,500. We're glad you came and hope you come back in two years.

I know it wasn't much of a game, but we gave it our best. I'm curious of what you thought of the Dome after your first trip?

I thought it was a very interesting place. I didn't realize just how packed we were going to be in there. Not a whole lot of wiggle room ;) I thought it was loud, but I expected it to be loud during all the downs, not just the 3rd downs. I was also disappointed to see a lot of aluminum in the 3rd quarter. The Cuse was putting up a fight and a lot can happen in a quarter. Overall, I thought it was a neat place. It reminded me of a pro game in some respects because of things like the t shirt cannons, the kiss cam and the "seat upgrade" thing. Not a bad thing, just not something I've seen in many college football games. I have seen things like that at the Dayton Flyer basketball games, so maybe it was more like that. I plan on making the trip back in a couple of years and hope the weather is better that day for tailgating. I was planning on making it out to the Fine Mess tailgate, but alas the rain drove me and my family into the Dome as soon as it opened at 1:30.

I thought it was a very interesting place. I didn't realize just how packed we were going to be in there. Not a whole lot of wiggle room ;) I thought it was loud, but I expected it to be loud during all the downs, not just the 3rd downs. I was also disappointed to see a lot of aluminum in the 3rd quarter. The Cuse was putting up a fight and a lot can happen in a quarter. Overall, I thought it was a neat place. It reminded me of a pro game in some respects because of things like the t shirt cannons, the kiss cam and the "seat upgrade" thing. Not a bad thing, just not something I've seen in many college football games. I have seen things like that at the Dayton Flyer basketball games, so maybe it was more like that. I plan on making the trip back in a couple of years and hope the weather is better that day for tailgating. I was planning on making it out to the Fine Mess tailgate, but alas the rain drove me and my family into the Dome as soon as it opened at 1:30.

A bunch of the non football fans in my group left at halftime. Me and a few others stayed. That third qtr was awful from an SU perspective. Had we been able to punch one in, it would have theoretically been a game again. Alas, the 91 yd Watkins TD was the throatslash for me. I left, as my phone was dead and I was still hungover from Friday Night.

Watched some of the 4th qtr from the Sheraton, then switched off to the Tenn GA game lol. Which was MUCH better.

Congrats on the win. You have a great squad. Every clemson fan i ran into over the weekend was great. Can't wait to make the trip to DV next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom