Coach Boeheim built a schedule for BIG success this year | Syracusefan.com

Coach Boeheim built a schedule for BIG success this year

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I was reading this article from Inside the Loud House, talking about how this very challenging early schedule could give us the opportunity to earn a high ranking and being in tournament seed discussions instead of the bubble ones. I think JB loaded up this schedule to give these guys the opportunity to shoot for the moon.

I was reading this article from Inside the Loud House, talking about how this very challenging early schedule could give us the opportunity to earn a high ranking and being in tournament seed discussions instead of the bubble ones. I think JB loaded up this schedule to give these guys the opportunity to shoot for the moon.

I like to think that JB went out and put together this insanely hard OOC schedule because he really thinks highly of this team and thinks we are going to be able to hold our own.

I am "REALLY" happy about this schedule rather than a bunch of cupcakes with one or two challenging teams as we have seen in the past. Even if we lose a couple to some quality teams will hold well for us later in the season and also selection time. I like us being under the radar this time of year. LGO

I am "REALLY" happy about this schedule rather than a bunch of cupcakes with one or two challenging teams as we have seen in the past. Even if we lose a couple to some quality teams will hold well for us later in the season and also selection time. I like us being under the radar this time of year. LGO

We've got a team built for it this year, very experienced.

I'm a broken record, about wishing we had another guy or two. But this 8 is a very solid squad.

Yup, as long as we win the games we should. We have a great home court and neutral court schedule. And even if we lose some tough road games, those don't really ding you. Like I said, we just need to win the games we should and we should be favored in a lot of games this year.

The schedule still worries me, but I have been the victim of some bad luck in traveling to out of conference games the last few years and I am going to a couple this year.

We likely will be favored in all our OOC games except gettimy Baylor in the 2nd game in Atlantis and Nova. The last game in Atlantis is a crap shoot, but we shouldn’t be concerned about Indiana, VCU or Georgetown. If we are as good as people think we are we should at least be 9-2 in the OOC.

We likely will be favored in all our OOC games except gettimy Baylor in the 2nd game in Atlantis and Nova. The last game in Atlantis is a crap shoot, but we shouldn’t be concerned about Indiana, VCU or Georgetown. If we are as good as people think we are we should at least be 9-2 in the OOC.

I watched some of Georgetown v. Siena the other night. They look pretty good this year.

most are done the summer before the upcoming season except for a few multi year deals or tournaments

Yeah Atlantis was in the works for at least a year and a half and Georgetown deal was signed a couple years ago, but most of the schedule is built over the summer