Coach K looking like he's hurting... | Syracusefan.com

Coach K looking like he's hurting...

Ceerqqq

Scout Team
This showed up on YouTube so I thought I'd check out Duke's scrimmage vs Villanova to get a little preview of what those teams are bringing this year.

While it gave me nothing on Villanova, and not much on Duke's team play for that matter, I was struck by what appeared to me to be Krzyzewski struggling with his health. Looking kinda frail, like the proverbial "old man" who finds it difficult to move around, but is taking pain meds to cope as well as possible. Maybe arthritis?

It left me feeling sorry for the guy and appreciating the remarkable success Jim Boeheim has had in maintaining himself in "feel good" health. Some of it's just the luck of biology, but JB's definitely invested himself in taking care of his health in his advanced youth...

Last edited:
I thought schools weren't allowed to publicize closed scrimmages. Maybe highlights after the fact aren't considered publicizing?

Banchero #5 - looks like a beast! ACC Preseason POY.

Reminds me of Jabari Parker some. Duke is definitely a team far better to zone than play mtm vs them no matter who you are.

Nova's switching makes them vulnerable to some teams. I think Buddy goes off on Nova this year.

Interesting that I don’t see much Mark Williams in that video.

Nova doesn’t have much size and according to the Duke board Banchero dominated them inside.

Dukes main question mark heading into the season is PG play.

I thought schools weren't allowed to publicize closed scrimmages. Maybe highlights after the fact aren't considered publicizing?
Everything I have read indicates you are correct about not being able to publicize them. Info always leaks out, but I've never seen a school release highlights before.

This showed up on YouTube so I thought I'd check out Duke's scrimmage vs Villanova to get a little preview of what those teams are bringing this year.

While it gave me nothing on Villanova, and not much on Duke's team play for that matter, I was struck by what appeared to me to be Krzyzewski struggling with his health. Looking kinda frail, like the proverbial "old man" who finds it difficult to move around, but is taking pain meds to cope as well as possible. Maybe arthritis?

It left me feeling sorry for the guy and appreciating the remarkable success Jim Boeheim has had in maintaining himself in "feel good" health. Some of it's just the luck of biology, but JB's definitely invested himself in taking care of his health in his advanced youth...
Hopefully K makes it through the season so he can watch us put a beating on him in front of 35,000 of his closest friends.

NYC Beware: Duke v. Kentucky in MSG on 11/9.
This is actually a pretty good doubleheader.
The other game is Kansas-Michigan State.

Unfortunately, it's called the State Farm "Champions Classic."

Jeez. K does look very, very fragile. Almost like he‘s got a system of wires and pumps and pulleys beneath that jacket. Sad.

Those two teams, though, holy crap. A lot of strong, NBA-ready bodies on the court. I don’t know who any of them are, but they’ll be household names in short order. And Duke isn’t ranked highly this year (Yet)?

Its always the same 4 teams that play in that to start the year, it gets kind of annoying

Should be called the Annual Blue Bloods Get Together.

Wow, he looks terrible.

Duke just conducted an internal investigation, and found no evidence of wrong doing. The NCAA followed up with a published statement 5 minutes later indicating that they are satisified.

So we're all good here.

Didn't Bear Bryant die like a month after he retired? I think the same scenario plays out here.

If Coach K is looking frail that must mean his team is going to suck because we know he always takes those years off. See zebra/stripes.

Ok you guys finally baited me into giving Duke a click to see this Coach K stuff. Once again a lot of hub bub about nothing. He looks and moves exactly the same as the last 5+ years. We’ve got guys acting like he was rolled out in an iron lung and predicting his demise within months. Geez.

Ok you guys finally baited me into giving Duke a click to see this Coach K stuff. Once again a lot of hub bub about nothing. He looks and moves exactly the same as the last 5+ years. We’ve got guys acting like he was rolled out in an iron lung and predicting his demise within months. Geez.

You should go watch the very end of that video again. He looked like a feeble old man, and I wasn't looking to bust balls. But he looks so old that he would have trouble getting out of the way of oncoming traffic.