Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Gets a pass this season (Covid)

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cusesky8214

Living Legend
Interested to see what everyone thinks. Hes a legend and has done so much for Syracuse and the CNY area. Is it time to hang em up or does he get to go out on his own terms? Does he get a pass this season due to covid? Do we take a chance and make a change and possibly lose Benny's commitment? This isn't happening but still curious where everyone's level of frustration is at and what they think is best for Syracuse basketball going forward.

Interested to see what everyone thinks. Hes a legend and has done so much for Syracuse and the CNY area. Is it time to hang em up or does he get to go out on his own terms? Does he get a pass this season due to covid? Do we take a chance and make a change and possibly lose Benny's commitment? This isn't happening but still curious where everyone's level of frustration is at and what they think is best for Syracuse basketball going forward.

Abstain because it is foolish to vote on this.

My take is this: it is usually unwise to act like on expert on things I have no clue about. That's good advice for most people, I find.

Abstain because it is foolish to vote on this.

My take is this: it is usually unwise to act like on expert on things I have no clue about. That's good advice for most people, I find.
Its a simple question as to what people think is best going forward. Doesnt mean its right or wrong. Fans can have opinions on things like this without it being foolish.

I'll just leave this here...

IMG_0089.jpeg

He's not Patrick Ewing. He'd help but let's not get crazy here.
The guy that played at the end of last season would have made a big difference. we wouldn't get killed on the boards and it would give us one more player. it can be the difference between winning games and losing games. 1 or 2 games would make things look a little different right now. We have just been out matched and manhandled in some games and that might not have happened with a actual center on the floor.

Last edited:
The guy that played at the end of last season would have made a big difference. we wouldn't get killed on the boards and it would give us more more player. it can be the difference between winning games and losing games. 1 or 2 games would make things look a little different right now. We have just been out matched and manhandled in some games and that might not have happened with a actual center on the floor.
We should also recruit well enough where we have a competent backup center that the coach is comfortable playing if ish hits the fan like it did with Bourama.

The guy that played at the end of last season would have made a big difference. we wouldn't get killed on the boards and it would give us more more player. it can be the difference between winning games and losing games. 1 or 2 games would make things look a little different right now. We have just been out matched and manhandled in some games and that might not have happened with a actual center on the floor.
If he played like he did at the end of the year he would have helped a lot. This isn't missing Arinze in 2010 or Melo in 2012. This is on Boeheim for not having a decent backup.

We should also recruit well enough where we have a competent backup center that the coach is comfortable playing if ish hits the fan like it did with Bourama.
I think we thought we did. We brought in a couple of guys last year that I think they believed would be ready for back up minutes this year. And maybe we did but the coach not playing them is a different story.

unless someone is pretty sure a new coach is gonna coach and recruit at a higher level what difference does it make.. Not having a center is on JB.. Im still in the Sidibe would make a huge difference in this team right now.

If he played like he did at the end of the year he would have helped a lot. This isn't missing Arinze in 2010 or Melo in 2012. This is on Boeheim for not having a decent backup.
I don't think I ever said it was like that. Arinze probably cost us the national championship and Melo just might have to. But we are talking this years team and there is no doubt in my mind that Sid would have made this team much better. it takes a glaring weakness, a fatal flaw, and makes it a lot better.

Calipari being number 1 is hilarious
8-13 is a big deal to Big Blue. They have a small patience gene there. I think everyone else on that list is pretty spot on. To answer the question, if i was the A.D., I would sit with JB and say, next year is a must win year. We have to be a lot better and a lot more interesting or we are going to have a tough conversation. It's the same conversation I would have had with the football coach. Our two money makers have to be more fun, energetic, successful or changes have to be made before it's too late. I, dasher, or dasher as the A.D., don't want to make these changes. But that is what the A.D. gets the big bucks for. Have the talk and let's see what happens.

8-13 is a big deal to Big Blue. They have a small patience gene there. I think everyone else on that list is pretty spot on.
It’s going to be great when they win the SEC Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors