Coaches that run the sidelines | Syracusefan.com

Coaches that run the sidelines

GooseMutt

All Conference
coaching vs those that spend their time screaming at refs letting off steam. Wright and Bennett (and hop) seem to spend more time talking to the troops than refs. Crean Hurley Calipari cry constantly. Boeheim?

coaching vs those that spend their time screaming at refs letting off steam. Wright and Bennett (and hop) seem to spend more time talking to the troops than refs. Crean Hurley Calipari cry constantly. Boeheim?

Boeheim seems to talk mostly to his team, and gets on the refs when it’s warranted.

These psychos who go crazy about every single call that doesn’t go their way are the worst. How can a ref take a guy like that seriously? Hurley acts like he belongs in the nosebleeds.

lotta folks get upset about the coaches running around out of the box. i don't. doesn't score points or matter.

Actually saw Hop spending a lot of time well up the sideline tonight vs Wash St but he wasn't berating the refs.

sweathog buzzsaw williams is the best sideline spaz runner... period.

The amount of time he spends running around outside the coaches' area and on the court - with no-calls from the refs - is criminal.

...and he's even more like a cartoon now than ever.

the unbelievable part is VA-Tech hs employed some stylist to dress him up in tailored 3-piece suits now - suits that he sweats through like he's in a sauna on coke.

they should do what WV did with Hugs and give him a trainer outfit, a stack of terrycloth towels and take the 3-piece suits to the sally.

If there is anyone that shouldn't be wearing a 3-piece suit on the sideline, it's him.

the guy is literally gonna keel over with a massive coronary at some point.

Last edited:
sweathog buzzsaw williams is the best sideline spaz runner...

he's even more like a cartoon now than ever.

VA-Tech have employed some stylist to dress him up in tailored 3-piece suits that he sweats through like he's in a sauna on coke.

they should do what WV did with Hugs and give him a trainer outfit and a stack of terrycloth towels and retire the 3-piece suits. If there is anyone that shouldn't be wearing 3 piece suits on the sideline, it's him.

the guy is literally gonna keel over with a massive coronary at some point.

I’m not sure whats worse...Huggins’ sweatsuits, Buzz’s stupid vests, or Hurley being a tryhard by wearing sneakers with a suit.

I’m not sure whats worse...Huggins’ sweatsuits, Buzz’s stupid vests, or Hurley being a tryhard by wearing sneakers with a suit.

Hugs needed the sweatsuits lest we forget... as he could not be trusted to dress himself.

Have you forgotten his hillbilly "pimp of the year" suit?

iu

Lol, whaaaaat??!!

How did I miss this?

It's why he's been in track suits for years now, LOL. :)

That picture was comedy gold for at least half a season... no idea how you missed it.

It's why he's been in track suits for years now, LOL. :)

That picture was comedy gold for at least half a season... no idea how you missed it.

Man. I feel like the “pimp suit” Huggins reference sounds familiar, but not sure I ever actually saw the picture to fully get in on the joke.

Man. I feel like the “pimp suit” Huggins reference sounds familiar, but not sure I ever actually saw the picture to fully get in on the joke.

It was really something.

...and something only morgantown could give us.

It was really something.

...and something only morgantown could give us.

SMH. Even getting past the color...those pants are at least 2 sizes too long.

And the shoes...jeez.

I’m positive Huggins wore track suits at Cincinatti at least some of the time though. Because my high school coach my soph. year was a HUGE Huggins guy who tried to run his offenses and defense, and would wear track suits every game, and we would clown him(behind his back - he was a real jerk - just like Huggins seems to be) for wearing those Bobby Huggins track suits.

SMH. Even getting past the color...those pants are at least 2 sizes too long.

And the shoes...jeez.

I’m positive Huggins wore track suits at Cincinatti at least some of the time though. Because my high school coach my soph. year was a HUGE Huggins guy who tried to run his offenses and defense, and would wear track suits every game, and we would clown him(behind his back - he was a real jerk - just like Huggins seems to be) for wearing those Bobby Huggins track suits.

I think he was trying to do a WV version of Pitino's Colonel Sanders white suit. It obviously went horribly white-trash wrong.

But that suit - with matching mustard shoes - as ridiculous as it looks - still seems perfect for WV.

To me it seems like HCJB watches and barks at the refs and will go from seated to walking down the floor as far as he can. Maybe those closer to him see it differently but he maybe coaches a kid coming off the floor for 20 secs, I have seen that allot when walking to their seat on the bench or he is biting their head off...which could be his old school style of making a point...he kinda blends coaching and being a @#ck at the same time. And in between coaching and yelling he does allot of stuff with his nose. Really he does. Look boeheim up on giphy...there are tons of clips of him messing with his nose. Julie should tape oven mits to his hands before games...

I think he was trying to do a WV version of Pitino's Colonel Sanders white suit. It obviously went horribly white-trash wrong.

But that suit - with matching mustard shoes - as ridiculous as it looks - still seems perfect for WV.
Where's the hot dog

Yesterday, Mike Brey of ND didn't go past the line that keeps the coaches from crossing midcourt, but he was consistently about 2 ft onto the court. Fortunately for everyone, no one ran into him. To his credit, the meanderings were to give directions to his team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom