Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Wooooow
Makes complete sense to me.

Shaka grew up in Wisconsin and he is feeling major heat at Texas where he knows he is likely to be fired next year unless he wins a NCAA tourney game. I think he will compete well in the Big East at Marquette.

Shaka grew up in Wisconsin and he is feeling major heat at Texas where he knows he is likely to be fired next year unless he wins a NCAA tourney game. I think he will compete well in the Big East at Marquette.
The Texas football and basketball jobs might be the worst in P5. Lol

Agreed.
Big $, bigger headaches and HUUUUUUUGE expectations.

Mo money, mo problems.
Unless you’re an A++++ coach or perform way above your ceiling for a couple years, you should probably just expect to be fired by your 5th year there.

Basically an impossible job. Especially for football but clearly it holds true for basketball too.

He fits so much better in the Big East. He could do really well at Marquette.

I wish SU’s assistants would get mentioned for some of these jobs, but it never happens. :(

There's a reason for that.

It's the same reason they shouldn't be mentioned for the Syracuse job - when it finally opens up.
(assuming they live that long. ;) )
I think a big part of it is the zone. There may be a concern that our guys can't teach any other defense.

I wish SU’s assistants would get mentioned for some of these jobs, but it never happens. :(
If teams are going to hire someone else's assistants, they want a guy from a team that's been very successful in recent years. Unfortunately, if you look at our W-L loss from the past 7-8 years, we've been okay, but not nearly enough to move the needle.

If teams are going to hire someone else's assistants, they want a guy from a team that's been very successful in recent years. Unfortunately, if you look at our W-L loss from the past 7-8 years, we've been okay, but not nearly enough to move the needle.
That’s not really true. Maybe in some cases but not close to all.

See Dwayne Killings at Albany.

That’s not really true. Maybe in some cases but not close to all.

See Dwayne Killings at Albany.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but would you be excited about your school hiring an assistant from a school that has been on the bubble for the past 7-8 years? Neither would most fanbases.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but would you be excited about your school hiring an assistant from a school that has been on the bubble for the past 7-8 years? Neither would most fanbases.
If my mid-major school hired Red and I did 10 minutes of research and saw the way high level recruits loved him I think I would be.

Fordham just hired Kyle Neptune and their fanbase isn’t super excited because Jay Wright assistants don’t have a stellar track record as head coaches. So I think it’s more of a case-by-case thing.

If my mid-major school hired Red and I did 10 minutes of research and saw the way high level recruits loved him I think I would be.

Fordham just hired Kyle Neptune and their fanbase isn’t super excited because Jay Wright assistants don’t have a stellar track record as head coaches. So I think it’s more of a case-by-case thing.
could be simply that the Assistants have no interest in leaving, so why would they ever be mentioned? If they made it known they were looking, interviews would follow without a doubt.

Seems like it's about time to start this, because. . .

Jim Christian, Dead Coach Walking.

It was accepted fact that he was on thin ice entering the season. He might have sealed the deal by throwing his administration under the bus, saying publicly that they were insisting he play the game vs. FSU although he was down to 4 scholarship players (Covid, I expect). Then irony of ironies, the Seminoles announce that they have to "postpone" their next 3 games (including BC, of course) due to Covid protocols.

So, who do the Eagles tap?
It's Boston . . . they should tap Sam Adams and have a party. They can worry about a coach in the morning . . . if they remember where they pahked the cahh.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom