Coaching Carousel | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

Except for Hopkins?
I mean our current assistants. I have to think a NYC area school would be interested in Griffin or Autry, but nope.

Also look out for UoA to finally chop Miller and hire a gonzaga assistant (guessing Flloyd)
I was actually hoping Cuse might give Tommy Floyd a look when JB retires. But I still believe it’s Hop unless he can’t get things going again at UW.

I’m sure Hurley pushed him out
At first I thought the same thing but it actually looks like it was KFree’s decision. By all accounts he hated the travel needed to recruit. So he now gets a hefty salary to pal around with donors and former players. Not a bad gig at all.

At first I thought the same thing but it actually looks like it was KFree’s decision. By all accounts he hated the travel needed to recruit. So he now gets a hefty salary to pal around with donors and former players. Not a bad gig at all.

We will see based on the replacement...

We will see based on the replacement...
To be entirely honest from a resume standpoint I think most candidates will look like an improvement on paper. Dave Leitao is an obvious candidate. So is Luke Murray who worked for Hurley at URI. Personally I think Murray has a higher upside but Leitao isn’t getting another head job any time soon so there would be some stability. Either of them would look like an upgrade.

Hard to know if this speculation, but Slater seems to be pretty well connected. Luke Murray is about as good a pickup as we could have expected but he, like Kimani Young, may only be here for a short time.

Oh and before one of you makes this joke let me do it for you.

“With Bill likely to start showing up at UConn games, the comedy will now be off the court as well.”

As expected:

He was the lead recruiter on Filipowski and Rodney Rice at Louisville. It will be interesting if he is able to convince either to come to UConn like Kimani Young did with Bouknight.