OC/RB: Lynch
AHC/ST/WR: Lustig
WR/TE: Ferri
OL: Cavanaugh
DE: Reynolds
DL/LB: Stanard
DC/LB: Arnett
S/Nickel: Monroe

Something hasn't been announced yet, the staff just doesn't make sense right now.

Question Marks:
1. Kirk Martin - Not sure what he brings to the table with Gilbert coming in, hasn't 'crooted well.
2. Mike Lynch - Do him and Gilbert go to co-OCs? Does he accept a step back? Do we just let him go?
3. Vinson Reynolds - 'Crooted fairly well, but do we cut him loose and have Stanard take the DL, and go find a better 'crooter?

I'm interested to see how this shakes out over the next few weeks with the coaching convention and the two new additions. I can't imagine that we're done.

Maybe Li
So after today's hires, here's how we're looking:
OC/QB: Gilbert
QB: Martin

Something hasn't been announced yet, the staff just doesn't make sense right now.

Question Marks:
1. Kirk Martin - Not sure what he brings to the table with Gilbert coming in, hasn't 'crooted well.
2. Mike Lynch - Do him and Gilbert go to co-OCs? Does he accept a step back? Do we just let him go?
3. Vinson Reynolds - 'Crooted fairly well, but do we cut him loose and have Stanard take the DL, and go find a better 'crooter?

I'm interested to see how this shakes out over the next few weeks with the coaching convention and the two new additions. I can't imagine that we're done.

Maybe Lynch gets demoted to RB coach(or leaves as a result) and Martin does something else within the football program but not as one of the 10 coaching staff members. Definitely more news to come I am sure. Still need more recruiting chops

Maybe Li

Maybe Lynch gets demoted to RB coach(or leaves as a result) and Martin does something else within the football program but not as one of the 10 coaching staff members. Definitely more news to come I am sure. Still need more recruiting chops
Why would Martin want to do that/why would we even bother keeping him around?

Question Marks:

I think Lynch just goes back to CO-OC. One of Stanard/Reynolds gets let go. Arnett grabs a guy he knows to coach CBs. Martin has to go or get demoted to an analyst position. Hire two top recruiters, don't care what position you give them. We should have at least two spots open (McCloud, Martin) but I'm hoping for at least one more.

Question Marks:

Martin gone or moved to an admins position.
Gilbert and Lynch Co-OC
Still have to fill spot open from McCloud

Lynch and Lewis were co-oc.
Yeah I remember. Phil77 asked why would he leave a HC position to come here to be a Co-OC. I would imagine that move would involve him getting significant power over the offense.

Ward was the LB coach and Stanard DEs. McCloud CBs. Stanard only took over LBs for Ward. My guess he goes back. Arnett is the LB coach.

my guess on coaches.

OC/QB - Gilbert
RB - Lynch (Or OT)
OL - Cavanaugh
TE/IR - Ferri
OWR/ST/AHC - Lustig
DC/LB - Arnett
DL - Reynolds
DE - Stanard
CB -
S/N - Monroe

Martin - out or analyst
McCloud - out
Lynch - could be out. Hire new RB coach and ace ‘crooter
New DB coach has to be another ace ‘crooter

Last edited:
I just don’t see why Lynch would be Co-OC. He hasn’t proven anything to deserve that. I want new OC to have the reigns completely

it doesn’t make sense to me that Gilbert would share the role.

I could see Lynch being the run game coordinator. Sometimes that’s a thing. Or just running backs or splitting OL duties. Sometimes that’s a thing to. But then you have a hole at RB. Who knows. Maybe Lynch is out.

I’d feel a lot more comfortable if Gilbert was official. Then worry about duties.

perhaps if he stays Lynch will assume assitant hc duties of Mcloud and RB's and Gilbert is the only OC

Also I think since you are going to 3 man front maybe you only need 1 DL coach and Reynolds could be out.

which could open a couple of spots up

perhaps if he stays Lynch will assume assitant hc duties of Mcloud and RB's and Gilbert is the only OC

Also I think since you are going to 3 man front maybe you only need 1 DL coach and Reynolds could be out.

which could open a couple of spots up
Lustig is the current Assistant HC not McCloud

I just don’t see why Lynch would be Co-OC. He hasn’t proven anything to deserve that. I want new OC to have the reigns completely

Come on. What did he do in 2018? He was also, as noted earlier, the co-coordinator with Lewis in 2016 and 2017.

I dont know enough about football to be able to evaluate a position coach so I couldnt say whether the oline issues were due to Cavanaugh or not, but if so, you could always lose Cav, have Lynch go co-oc/ol, and hire some mercenary professional recruiter to coach running backs. Add another professional recruiter somewhere on the defensive side of the ball, and you have presumably upgraded both coaching and recruiting significantly.