Coaching vs. Talent Argument | Syracusefan.com

Coaching vs. Talent Argument

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
For those who feel that coaching is the key, it would appear that your best argument is the Michigan Wolverines.

The program seems light years ahead of last year.

I know nothing about the talent changes, but I have to hand it to the new staff, Michigan seems to be back on track.

Michigan always has talent and the school recruits for itself. Hoke didn't walk into a situation that Marrone walked into.

For those who feel that coaching is the key, it would appear that your best argument is the Michigan Wolverines.

The program seems light years ahead of last year.

I know nothing about the talent changes, but I have to hand it to the new staff, Michigan seems to be back on track.

RRod wasn't really the problem there. If he had a decent DC and let that DC play a 4-3 instead of a 3-3, I think Michigan would be in the same spot they are now. The 3-3 doesn't work in a power running conference.

RRod wasn't really the problem there. If he had a decent DC and let that DC play a 4-3 instead of a 3-3, I think Michigan would be in the same spot they are now. The 3-3 doesn't work in a power running conference.

Boy, I think that point of view is the minority one.

RRod insisted on running the defense.

He brought his system and defensive assistants from WVU. He then hired a titular DC - first Shaffer and then Robinson.

So if it is coaching, the blame falls on RRod.

Boy, I think that point of view is the minority one.

RRod insisted on running the defense.

He brought his system and defensive assistants from WVU. He then hired a titular DC - first Shaffer and then Robinson.

So if it is coaching, the blame falls on RRod.

His dumb decision to go 3-3 was ultimately why he failed. I guess my point was his running of the team overall and of the O was not the issue. He was dumb to get involved in the area that wasn't his expertise. If he hired a 4-3 DC and was hands off, he would still be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom