Cobra Kai

HoustonCuse

Hall of Fame
We need to talk...

I am shocked not to see a thread here about this. I've seen the first two (free) episodes. Sooo cheesy but also sooo addicting. Is anybody else watching it?

Shawn91111

2nd String
Watched the season and really was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Yea they were some cheesy scenes, a bit too much 80's nostalgia, but for the most part it really was well done. I liked the little humor, and thought Zabka played his part really well.

HOFCeluck

Nothing is real, we are all just water.
Haven’t watched it yet. Is this supposed to be an expansion of the Barney Stinson “Actually Cobra Kai are the good guys” premise?

HoustonCuse

Hall of Fame
Haven’t watched it yet. Is this supposed to be an expansion of the Barney Stinson “Actually Cobra Kai are the good guys” premise?
I haven’t seen that premise. Sounds interesting along side my “Luke’s a Sith” theory (this was pre Ep 8).

Anyway from the first two episodes it is unclear who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. Definitely a very sharp role reversal of sorts with Johnny/Mr Miagi but by no means would I say Johnny is “good” in any classic sense.

tee1222

Living Legend
We need to talk...

I am shocked not to see a thread here about this. I've seen the first two (free) episodes. Sooo cheesy but also sooo addicting. Is anybody else watching it?

I haven’t seen that premise. Sounds interesting along side my “Luke’s a Sith” theory (this was pre Ep 8).

Anyway from the first two episodes it is unclear who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. Definitely a very sharp role reversal of sorts with Johnny/Mr Miagi but by no means would I say Johnny is “good” in any classic sense.
With you. Watched the first two. Might cave but I think I can swing youtube red for free for 30 days. Anywho...yeah, it's really good! Exactly. About the confusion between good and bad here. Both are great characters, but the roles might be reversed!

Also to add: Johnny is no longer a cream puff, Johnnies ;)