Cobra Kai | Syracusefan.com

Cobra Kai

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
We need to talk...

I am shocked not to see a thread here about this. I've seen the first two (free) episodes. Sooo cheesy but also sooo addicting. Is anybody else watching it?

Watched the season and really was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Yea they were some cheesy scenes, a bit too much 80's nostalgia, but for the most part it really was well done. I liked the little humor, and thought Zabka played his part really well.

Haven’t watched it yet. Is this supposed to be an expansion of the Barney Stinson “Actually Cobra Kai are the good guys” premise?

Haven’t watched it yet. Is this supposed to be an expansion of the Barney Stinson “Actually Cobra Kai are the good guys” premise?

I haven’t seen that premise. Sounds interesting along side my “Luke’s a Sith” theory (this was pre Ep 8).

Anyway from the first two episodes it is unclear who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. Definitely a very sharp role reversal of sorts with Johnny/Mr Miagi but by no means would I say Johnny is “good” in any classic sense.

We need to talk...

I am shocked not to see a thread here about this. I've seen the first two (free) episodes. Sooo cheesy but also sooo addicting. Is anybody else watching it?

I haven’t seen that premise. Sounds interesting along side my “Luke’s a Sith” theory (this was pre Ep 8).

Anyway from the first two episodes it is unclear who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. Definitely a very sharp role reversal of sorts with Johnny/Mr Miagi but by no means would I say Johnny is “good” in any classic sense.
With you. Watched the first two. Might cave but I think I can swing youtube red for free for 30 days. Anywho...yeah, it's really good! Exactly. About the confusion between good and bad here. Both are great characters, but the roles might be reversed!

Also to add: Johnny is no longer a cream puff, Johnnies ;)

Just finished the first season over the weekend. It was awesome! They hit the perfect balance of living in the world created by Karate Kid but without taking it or themselves too seriously. Really entertaining series.

Binging season 1 now. Fast episodes. Great so far, 5 episodes in.

"Great" might not be adequate -- very cool plots for all of the main characters that go beyond just the rekindled Danny / Johnny rivalry.

"Great" might not be adequate -- very cool plots for all of the main characters that go beyond just the rekindled Danny / Johnny rivalry.
I love everything about it.

I am exactly 5 episodes in as of tonight, binge watched with the family. I saw the two teaser episodes youtube showed a while back but we watched season 1, episodes 1-5 tonight. We can’t stop watching, very well done!

So, full disclosure -- I'm recovering from a minor back injury, and have had some "down" time where I'm forced to lie down that enabled me to binge the entire series last night / this morning.

Was very entertaining, and fun to watch in one "sitting." Second season was good, too. Awesome finale to the second season.

Short episodes make it go fast. Glad to see it got picked up for a third season.

So, full disclosure -- I'm recovering from a minor back injury, and have had some "down" time where I'm forced to lie down that enabled me to binge the entire series last night / this morning.

Was very entertaining, and fun to watch in one "sitting." Second season was good, too. Awesome finale to the second season.

Short episodes make it go fast. Glad to see it got picked up for a third season.
I don't know if it's been announced for sure that there will be a 4th season too, but part of the deal when it was shopped around for other streaming was that they only wanted to go someplace that was going to continue it beyond season 3.

You lapped me :)
We are probably finishing season 1 tonight, but some good nostalgia in there with the new school touches.
That fine line between the so-called antagonists and protagonists add to that common theme of balance, the yin and the yang. Meanwhile, speaking of nostalgia- I had to...just learned this song on acoustic after we watched a few more of season 1. Badly want to go to Golf and Stuff.

Very well done. A little to teen angsty in season two but that really isn’t meant for me.

Excellent character dynamics and study of the guy who’s had a horrible life since high school who finally tries to grow up and get on with life. And it’s not so much as 80s nostalgia as being stuck there mentally.

Crushed all 2 seasons in less than 24 hours.

Had a mini staycation around the holiday... I’m usually the one to fall asleep first, but one night the wife fell asleep earlier than me... Threw on CK and couldn’t stop watching.

Damn so I was cheering for Johnny hard and then Kreese came back and now it just is hard to cheer for him.

Damn so I was cheering for Johnny hard and then Kreese came back and now it just is hard to cheer for him.

the reasons he did that are the whole point of the show

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom