Cole Swider signs with Heat | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

I haven't been able to find an official stat on this yet, but the odds for guys on 2 ways getting NBA minutes are pretty good. I want to say most guys on these contracts do end up getting NBA game appearances. Not a ton, but enough that they can make a legitimate claim to having "played" in the NBA.

I think Cole's transfer to Syracuse worked out for him. Not sure he gets this chance if he had stayed at Villanova.

I haven't been able to find an official stat on this yet, but the odds for guys on 2 ways getting NBA minutes are pretty good. I want to say most guys on these contracts do end up getting NBA game appearances. Not a ton, but enough that they can make a legitimate claim to having "played" in the NBA.

I think Cole's transfer to Syracuse worked out for him. Not sure he gets this chance if he had stayed at Villanova.

Brissett’s two way worked out well for him.

Brissett’s two way worked out well for him.
Duncan Robinson, Alex Caruso, I think Gary Payton's kid who played for the Warriors, obviously Oshae. Those are valuable slots, and part of the reason I'm sort of surprised that Weaver gave Buddy one (understanding connections, etc)

Good for him I think its more likely than not he appears in an NBA game this year. Without getting into too many details about the franchises being on a team full of olds who want to take every other game off is probably better than Buddy being surrounded by other hungry young guys.

Good for him I think its more likely than not he appears in an NBA game this year. Without getting into too many details about the franchises being on a team full of olds who want to take every other game off is probably better than Buddy being surrounded by other hungry young guys.
They're both in great spots for different reasons.

OK, I'm just an ignorant Canuck, but can you please explain what a "two way" contract is? Thanks.

OK, I'm just an ignorant Canuck, but can you please explain what a "two way" contract is? Thanks.
It goes both ways. (Freakin' Canuck ;)). As I understand it, he has a roster spot, and can be in the G league or with the squad, and there is nothing like waivers or cutting someone. Unsure if the spots are part of the 15 man roster or in addition. Much higher rate of pay than G league, but contract is not guaranteed. The 2 way guys cannot be signed by other teams, unlike G league guys. Of course I could be wholly wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom