Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Coleman

Cuse4

Scout Team
saw this on nychoops.net, but do not have access to the article ... here's the brief piece they show ... I'm sure they are referring to UK as sole focus

Sources close to the recruitment have begun to suggest thatDaJuan Coleman could be looking to get out of town which, if true, is a significant boost to one program that has been pursuing him aggressively for some time now. The Syracuse, N.Y., native will be the sole focus of... [http://vmedia./images/premium.gifdetails]

saw this on nychoops.net, but do not have access to the article ... here's the brief piece they show ... I'm sure they are referring to UK as sole focus

Sources close to the recruitment have begun to suggest thatDaJuan Coleman could be looking to get out of town which, if true, is a significant boost to one program that has been pursuing him aggressively for some time now. The Syracuse, N.Y., native will be the sole focus of... [http://vmedia./images/premium.gifdetails]
Perry Ellis just chose Kansas over Calipari...

Another guy that Ohio State is fighting for is top 30 big man Dajuan Coleman. The Syracuse, N.Y., native will be the sole focus of Thad Matta and his staff when he makes a visit to Columbus this weekend. The 6-foot-9 center has long been considered a heavy lean to hometown Syracuse. However, more recently sources close to the recruitment have begun to suggest that Coleman could be looking to get out of town which, if true, is a significant boost to an Ohio State program that has been pursuing him aggressively for some time now. In the class of 2014, five-star big man Cliff Alexander is emerging as a huge target and the Buckeyes watched him workout this week.

Regretfully, I have had a bad feeling about getting DC for awhile now. Seems to me that if he was Cuse-bound that he would have committed by now.

If he is not Cuse-bound it makes sense for him to not commit for as long as possible to avoid home town criticism.

Hope,I have to eat a giant crow sandwich over these thoughts.

Regretfully, I have had a bad feeling about getting DC for awhile now. Seems to me that if he was Cuse-bound that he would have committed by now.

If he is not Cuse-bound it makes sense for him to not commit for as long as possible to avoid home town criticism.

Hope,I have to eat a giant crow sandwich over these thoughts.

If you were him, wouldn't you milk this for what it's worth? Free trips to UK, OSU, SU, wherever else he wants to go for a "free weekend", have several fanbases talking about him everyday, sending him admiration messages and begging to commit to their school on facebook.

If he committed 2 years ago, or even a month ago, nobody would be talking about him. He'd be old news. This way he stays as a fresh talking point for coaches and recruiting articles every single day.

Coleman taking along time doesn't help syracuse (especially with Fab possibly jumping)
would be happy grabbing
Elijah Macon for 2012.
noels malik price martin Chris Walker seems pretty good. Coleman isn't the end of the world.

I hope we get him, but I have to agree that if he REALLY wanted to go to Syracuse he would have committed a long time ago. The delay seems a little odd.

We will only be getting one recruit from J-D in the class of 2012 and the coaches have known for a while who it will be...

do no get the vibe at all he is coming here, and if he doesnt than he never intended at staying home in the 1st place

We will only be getting one recruit from J-D in the class of 2012 and the coaches have known for a while who it will be...

Whoa, can you please share? I'm assuming it's Cavanaugh and NOT Coleman?

Coleman taking along time doesn't help syracuse (especially with Fab possibly jumping)
would be happy grabbing
Elijah Macon for 2012.
noels malik price martin Chris Walker seems pretty good. Coleman isn't the end of the world.

I watched Fab closely last year and if there is one thing he can't do, its jump. So you can dismiss that thought from your mind.

I watched Fab closely last year and if there is one thing he can't do, its jump. So you can dismiss that thought from your mind.
^ this!!

I have felt for a while that DC will choose to go away. He has not had any comments on SU. Kids leaning to their local area team usually drop positive comments. SU's recent hot pursuit of Noel in the next class.. at the same position as DC...seems to indicate that the staff may have a feeling that DC is slipping away.

If you were him, wouldn't you milk this for what it's worth? Free trips to UK, OSU, SU, wherever else he wants to go for a "free weekend", have several fanbases talking about him everyday, sending him admiration messages and begging to commit to their school on facebook.

If he committed 2 years ago, or even a month ago, nobody would be talking about him. He'd be old news. This way he stays as a fresh talking point for coaches and recruiting articles every single day.

Hardly, committ and then recruit the best guys that can play with you to give you the best chance to win a championship..

Yup, his name is Dajuan Coleman.

Oy can you even imagine how terrible it would have been in Greg Paulus came to Cuse to play basketball? I hate recruiting nonathletic locals.

I'm in the same boat as some of you. I haven't felt good about landing Coleman for a long time. But I also think that it won't be the end of the world if he heads to OSU or UK.

would be happy grabbing
Elijah Macon for 2012.

Who are any of the recruits you just named besides Noel? Our list for next year has none of those kids on it, and if it's for this year I doubt we are recruiting them... Also where is Fab jumping to?

I'm not so sure this is "milking it" anymore. I really don't think the kid knows where he's going to go. I guess I won't fret until Jake comes on here sobbing.

If he's leading SU on... Better off elsewhere anyway, team doesn't need a drama queen.

I've kind of thought that for a very long time. If he was coming here he would have said so by now. He is gone so far as im coming here. I wish it were not so but deems the way things go sometimes.:bat:

I'd love to get Coleman but I'm not going to be mad if a kid wants to get out of town either. Imagine you Coleman and you love SU but simply want to spread your wings and get out on you're own. He can't do that and go to SU, its not for everyone.

Not to mention if we land Noel for the 13 class fans won't remember that Coleman left. Noel can play the 4/5 perfect fit and will be an impact player defensively from the get go. o offense to Coleman who I think will also be an excellent college player.

Who are any of the recruits you just named besides Noel? Our list for next year has none of those kids on it, and if it's for this year I doubt we are recruiting them... Also where is Fab jumping to?
I didn't know Fab was jumping anywhere but it wouldn't surprise me a bit. It would hurt the team or inspire Moose to rev up his game big time or free up a spot for another big time center to come here and play in the NewACC. If Melo plays the same as last year, I hope he goes and soon.:mad: