Colgate. Colgate? Seriously…Colgate. Hmmmm. | Syracusefan.com

Colgate. Colgate? Seriously…Colgate. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Apologies. I couldn’t watch the game.
But…Colgate?
Question: Was this just a one-off, “rusty after a week”, “unfocused & looking ahead to Atlantis” thingy, or something more ominous?
Serious question.
Discuss.

But…Colgate?
Question: Was this just a one-off, “rusty after a week”, “unfocused & looking ahead to Atlantis” thingy, or something more ominous?
Serious question.
Discuss.
I don't think any of us really want to discuss it more than we have. Consider yourself lucky and move on.

But…Colgate?
Serious question.
Discuss.
Honestly they dominated the last 30 minutes of the game. This wasn’t a ‘we just lost to a mid major by a possession or two’ type of game. They got whatever shot they wanted for 30 straight minutes.

Schematically took us to school on both O and D.
Yikes.
Gotta watch JB’s presser and get his 2 cents. Better now than to some mid-major in the 1st round… that is if we ever get to the 1st round.

Yikes.
Gotta watch JB’s presser and get his 2 cents. Better now than to some mid-major in the 1st round… that is if we ever get to the 1st round.

I'll begin by saying I think we have the looks of a team that heads into 2022 with only one loss.

That being said, I think we have some minor tweaks to make after the Colgate game. We really can't defend well, or rebound. We also lack athleticism.

On offense I'm not sure we have shown an ability to create - whereas adding more spacing seemed like an ideal scenario for Buddy to thrive, I think it may ultimately make it VERY easy for teams just to switch on everyone with no recourse and really shut him down for stretches.

We'll score points because of our shooting, but we may be prone to stretches where we struggle against teams that have athletes that can D up much at all. If we're just going to have outscore everyone, that shall prove problematic.

That constant switching was a tougher task when you had more "change of pace" type players on the roster. You could look to take advantage if they made a bad switch. We shall see, regardless, we are set up very well moving forward.

I'll begin by saying I think we have the looks of a team that heads into 2022 with only one loss.

That being said, I think we have some minor tweaks to make after the Colgate game. We really can't defend well, or rebound. We also lack athleticism.

On offense I'm not sure we have shown an ability to create - whereas adding more spacing seemed like an ideal scenario for Buddy to thrive, I think it may ultimately make it VERY easy for teams just to switch on everyone with no recourse and really shut him down for stretches.

We'll score points because of our shooting, but we may be prone to stretches where we struggle against teams that have athletes that can D up much at all. If we're just going to have outscore everyone, that shall prove problematic.

That constant switching was a tougher task when you had more "change of pace" type players on the roster. You could look to take advantage if they made a bad switch. We shall see, regardless, we are set up very well moving forward.

Hahaha...Ghost is really upping his troll game.

Colgate’s no slouch. They were up 1 on NC State down there with 1 minute to go. They’ve been the best Patriot League team for 3 seasons. They felt they were primed to win at the dome the last couple of seasons but didn’t. They are a tourney team.

VCU is the exact opposite of Colgate. So remember that when our defense looks really good Wednesday. 2 extremes
I’m nervous we’re going to end up with a ton of turnovers against VCU.

Colgate’s no slouch. They were up 1 on NC State down there with 1 minute to go. They’ve been the best Patriot League team for 3 seasons. They felt they were primed to win at the dome the last couple of seasons but didn’t. They are a tourney team.
Watch their game against Cornell?

What seed would they be in the tournament? 15? 16?

Stop, we shouldn’t ever lose to them let alone by 15.

I’m nervous we’re going to end up with a ton of turnovers against VCU.

I haven't seen them play this year, however, it will be interesting to see if we can really punish a team like that though for being overaggressive. Symir could play a more pronounced role. It should be interesting regardless to set a baseline for what to expect moving forward.

I haven't seen them play this year, however, it will be interesting to see if we can really punish a team like that though for being overaggressive. Symir could play a more pronounced role. It should be interesting regardless to set a baseline for what to expect moving forward.
We have the most one dimensional team in my lifetime. There are many ways to shut our offense down, which sucks because our defense will not win us one game this year.

This is either the most optimistic take after a bad loss in the entire history of this board…or pure unadulterated insanity.
Kudos, Ghost.

We have the most one dimensional team in my lifetime. There are many ways to shut our offense down, which sucks because our defense will not win us one game this year.

We’re averaging 86ppg.

Yeah, it's still early enough where it's difficult to fully evaluate the team. I don't see much of a way out with our defense, they just don't look capable of covering enough space to stop anyone that has semi-competent reliable shooting - I assume most teams will rebound against decently enough.

The offense - that one will be more interesting as we see them match up against different styles of defense.

We’re averaging 86ppg.
What are you disagreeing with? We’re not one dimensional? Our defense will win us games? We shot 30% from three and only made 7 of them. That’s shutting our offense down considering that is what this team is built around.

What are you disagreeing with? We’re not one dimensional? Our defense will win us games? We shot 30% from three and only made 7 of them. That’s shutting our offense down considering that is what this team is built around.

“There are many ways to shut out offense down”

We don’t know that yet because it hasn’t happened yet.

“There are many ways to shut out offense down”

We don’t know that yet because it hasn’t happened yet.
Us only making 7 threes at a 30% clip is shutting our offense down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom