Colgate Game Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Game Thread...

A few other quick things I will be keeping an eye on.

How is the team with mental errors and turnovers. Those two were really an issue last year especially with turnovers, we had multiple games where we were in the high teens. Probably cost us the Cornell game in the tourney.

What does the second mid line look like with Buttermore Quinn and Carlin. Really interested to see how Buttermore and Quinn look with extended PT. Carlin's an enigma he's other on or hes quiet for 2 weeks, would love to see more consistency.

Does Cook see some time at middie? Who does he sub out for at attack? Does Seebold see any meaningful minutes after getting some extended pre-season run with out much in the stat sheet?

Does Fernandez play? Does Kennedy bump down to close if the D is a hot mess?

Does SU push tempo with the SSDM and LSM's? Kennedy Dearth Bomberry are all unafraid to shoot
I don't think sliding at close D will be an issue this game, I don't see Gate's attack beating the orange D consistently. I am more concerned with off ball defense and the D middies

I don't think sliding at close D will be an issue this game, I don't see Gate's attack beating the orange D consistently. I am more concerned with off ball defense and the D middies

Good point about the D middies that was really a weakness that got exposed in a few games last year. Hopefully they will be better this year.

Interested in how much playing time Cook and Seebold get as well, and where they get it. In his video interview posted yesterday, Solomon made a point of saying that positions don't really matter in their offense. Curious if this is all preseason talk, or if this is something the coaches actually do. Thought I read somewhere that Rhefuss played some midfield in the scrimmages as well.

Lastly curious about the man-up unit - if they keep things the same as last year there are two spots open (Lane and Bomberry). Who gets them? I am pulling for Lipka and Quinn personally but should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Interested in how much playing time Cook and Seebold get as well, and where they get it. In his video interview posted yesterday, Solomon made a point of saying that positions don't really matter in their offense. Curious if this is all preseason talk, or if this is something the coaches actually do. Thought I read somewhere that Rhefuss played some midfield in the scrimmages as well.

Lastly curious about the man-up unit - if they keep things the same as last year there are two spots open (Lane and Bomberry). Who gets them? I am pulling for Lipka and Quinn personally but should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Great point about the man up unit. Really hope its two shooters as the man up unit had to many inside guys for my taste last year. Carlin is a pretty heavy shot so I could see him. I think Dordevic would have been perfect to slide in there but unfortunately thats not an option. I wouldn't mind seeing Magnan out there if he's not red-shirting he can really rip it.

I remember one game last season when Rehfuss was dodging up top (and I think we ran him through the box to put him in that position) and there was a fast-break turnover going the other way getting him stuck on d. Cook is my pick to get some middie runs; I hope he can add a Curry like element to the second line. How Matt Lane took up a spot on man-up is beyond me, but I'll leave the past in the past.

Settinhgt the tone for the game right away, ennedy with a penalty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom