College Football Bowl Projections for the 2019 Season | Syracusefan.com

College Football Bowl Projections for the 2019 Season

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Orange Bowl – Jan. 1 (ACC vs. SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame)
Projection: Syracuse vs. LSU

Since Clemson will be in the playoff after winning a fifth consecutive ACC title, the next highest-ranked team will head to the Orange Bowl. And I can’t think of a more fitting pairing than the Orange in the Orange. Syracuse will build off last year’s 10-win season under coach Dino Babers with its first Orange Bowl appearance since 1998, when it was in the Big East.

Syracuse’s opponent will be LSU, as the highest-ranked team from the SEC, Big Ten or Notre Dame after the playoff and Rose and Sugar bowls are filled. The Tigers are no strangers to bowl games, having gone to a bowl the past 19 consecutive years, the second-longest current streak in the SEC. If they end up in Miami, it would be their first trip to the Orange Bowl since 1982.

Since Clemson will be in the playoff after winning a fifth consecutive ACC title, the next highest-ranked team will head to the Orange Bowl. And I can’t think of a more fitting pairing than the Orange in the Orange. Syracuse will build off last year’s 10-win season under coach Dino Babers with its first Orange Bowl appearance since 1998, when it was in the Big East.

Syracuse’s opponent will be LSU, as the highest-ranked team from the SEC, Big Ten or Notre Dame after the playoff and Rose and Sugar bowls are filled. The Tigers are no strangers to bowl games, having gone to a bowl the past 19 consecutive years, the second-longest current streak in the SEC. If they end up in Miami, it would be their first trip to the Orange Bowl since 1982.

I went to the last Orange in the Orange Bowl game in 1998 against Florida (w/ HBC Steve Spurrier at the helm). Things I remember most distinctly: (1) great time; (2) not so great outcome; (3) Orange Bowl was a dump. I got a great SU-Florida pin from the game.

And hope it goes a little better than our last trip to the Orange Bowl when it was, go figure, actually in the Orange Bowl.

I went to the last Orange in the Orange Bowl game in 1998 against Florida (w/ HBC Steve Spurrier at the helm). Things I remember most distinctly: (1) great time; (2) not so great outcome; (3) Orange Bowl was a dump. I got a great SU-Florida pin from the game.

Lots of Gator jaws. It was their revenge for the beatdown we gave them in the Dome.

We were supposed to be there this year...

<then again, if it had been against the Gators it could/would have been a family tragedy... >

I'm still not sold on Dino.
How can you not be sold on Dino babers coming off a 10-win season and having two big upsets the first two years which we would have won more games if our quarterback did not get hurt. so I need to know an explanation of why you are not sold on Dino I just don't get it?

How can you not be sold on Dino babers coming off a 10-win season and having two big upsets the first two years which we would have won more games if our quarterback did not get hurt. so I need to know an explanation of why you are not sold on Dino I just don't get it?

I believe that's sarcasm

You have not yet learned the ways of this forum young newbie. Sarcasm runs rampant on here and you must be alert to whose posts are "full of it".

I believe that' sarcasm[/QUOTE] Well obviously lol

Last edited:
Well what a follow-up great season that would be with a great match up that I would be very excited to see against LSU. To be second in what I think is going to be a pretty improved ACC this coming year says alot to where we were just two to three seasons ago, amazing!

Pretty amazing the difference in the perception of our program from a year ago. I love the results on the field and the way Dino has gone about the process of rebuilding the program.

McMurphy didn't put us in his pre-spring Top 25.

At least he realizes we'll be no worse than 2nd best team in the ACC.

So

Oh great. There is that but doesn't sound like he has too much respect for the ACC Next year which to me is mistaken. I think the ACC as a whole will be better than it was last year.

either the Orange will be the 1st 10-2 unranked team ever, or the ACC will be Clemson and 13 7-5 or 6-6 teams.

Holy crap, I would love this! This would mean "WE BACK" in a big, big way!!
I can see 9 regular season wins in that schedule this year.
I hope the O Line comes together. This year could be really special.