1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

College Football Sim League

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CuseTroop, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Orangepace

Orangepace All Conference

billsin01 - I generally agree with your comments. I like that the gimmick offenses are finding it harder and harder to be successful. I think that's a big win for 3.0 vs. 2.0. I also like that Form IQ has as much an impact, because it forces teams to really focus on gameplanning and forces tough decisions with giving a young guy experience vs. playing to win now. I hate to lose, so I always go for the win.

I also have had issues determining which type of RB fit my offense. It seems like both are equally effective, so I no longer target one attribute over another, but look for the best well rounded. I think GI will begin to have more an importance as we ascend levels. I also think the players won't be significantly different from each other as much and it will lean more towards gameplanning etc. I could be wrong though. I like D2 more than I did D3, but don't have enough experience yet to love this team as much as I loved my Ithaca team.

I'm excited for this offseason. I think next season will really be telling in terms of seeing how the conference is going to shake out in the near term. I've been looking at recruits constantly since the last season ended to try to figure out exactly who I want to target. Should be interesting.

I've been pretty vocal with any nuggets of info I've been able to glean thus far on this board, but would be very appreciative to hear some other's thoughts. There's no 1 way to build a team in this game, so it's all subjective, but I'm sure with sharing more information we all could become more successful.

2. Finwad32

Finwad32 All Conference

HALELUJAH!!! Keith, it took me six tries but I got ya!

Orangepace likes this.
  3. 43zombie

43zombie Walk On

Well I'm back from the dead and ready to get this season started. Recruiting went well but we'll see. Had to go to my second-choices for several positions but those guys are a big improvement from the guys I was stuck with the first two times around. Should be interesting.

Nice win Fin, I will have my revenge soon!

4. billsin01

billsin01 All Conference

Good to hear re: recruiting. I think is league will be very interesting this year. Everyone with three classes and a big chunk of guys with at least a year under their belts. I don't know that those of us with big rebuilds will be beating the top tier squads but just about everyon should be competitive.

5. Orangepace

This recruiting session left me wanting a little, but should be alright anyway. Just have to change my approach for next season's recruiting session. Btw.. rebuilding a team fully from the ground up sucks. I forgot how much effort it took in Ithaca. Oh well. That said, I should have a VERY competitive team this season.

6. billsin01

billsin01 All Conference

Wow, so stuff just got serious in the NE10 -- four teams in the top 27 according to GUESS with three more at 61, 63 and 64. Add to that the fact that while JKinPhilly's team is only at 84, his roster is dragged down largely by guys who won't be playing (not a bad strategy, by the way, with fatigue not working apparently). Should be a very competitive league.

Orangepace likes this.
  7. Orangepace

This league is going to be a gauntlet. Whomever wins will definitely be battle tested. I spent 4 hours yesterday redesigning my offense/defensive strategies and learning the new 3.1 system. This is going to be fun, just hope I kick all your as$es! Something weird is going on with Guess though. If you look at the conference rankings, we're 4th from last. That doesn't make any sense given the individual rankings of our teams. So I'm a little shocked. That said, I always laugh at the recruiting class rankings because it doesn't give any effect to walkons. Not to mention, looking at their formulas for positions I have something very different setup for my way of evaluating.

Good luck to you all! Finwad32 - You're going down!

Finwad32 likes this.
  8. billsin01

billsin01 All Conference

Here we go again fellas. Look like 5 top 30 teams if you care about GUESS.

Orangepace likes this.
  9. Orangepace

10. Finwad32

Finwad32 All Conference

So dumb questions, at the 1-AA level due I not get recruiting funds back for rescinding scholarships?

11. Orangepace

no, you should get them back same as you did at the other levels. You get it at rollover, so the same time you get the other funds.

Finwad32 likes this.
  12. Finwad32

Finwad32 All Conference

I thought so but I couldn't remember. I got nervous when I ditched some guys and didn't see the funds.

Thanks brother!

Orangepace likes this.
  13. Finwad32

Finwad32 All Conference

Not sure if anybody is still reading, but, I just advanced to my first Final Four with Utica. I actually run two teams in Stagg now. My first profile, finwad32, just applied for 2 1A jobs that I should have no problems getting. Time to run with the big boys.

14. Orangepace

I didn't know you were still on there.. I have SU in D1A Stagg. Have my work cutout for me in recruiting this season. Need to have a good full class. I burned badly last season and it'll be hurting me for the next 2 seasons. Hopefully I don't get fired.

In Warner, I've won two Championships with my North Carolina Central team. I'm cruising to hopefully #3 this season, but billsin01 may be the only team that can derail me.

If you're looking to pickup another team in another world, take a look at Wilkinson. There is a guy who does radio shows for D1AA and above teams. It's really well done and makes it all that much more fun to be honest.

billsin01 and Finwad32 like this.
  15. billsin01

billsin01 All Conference

I don't know OP -- that NC Central team is a total bear. Just absolutely loaded. Nicely done over there. But I am in Stagg IAA with Towson and Warner DII with Virginia State.

Orangepace likes this.
  16. Finwad32

Finwad32 All Conference

17. CuseTroop

CuseTroop Straight Up Good Looking

congrats man! holy cow, lol. Have they done anymore updates? I know the one they did while this crew was playing really turned people off.

18. Finwad32

Finwad32 All Conference

Nope, that last update has been it since. This game still amazes me as I still learn things about it. There's so much to it, it's crazy.

Orangepace and CuseTroop like this.
  19. CuseTroop

CuseTroop Straight Up Good Looking

I've been going back reading this thread lol, man this was a lot of fun

Orangepace and Finwad32 like this.
  20. CU44SE

CU44SE Starter

Congrats Finwad!!!! even though you did leave me out of the shoutout!!! Loved the game when I was playing it but after I stopped I realized how much time it truly took up.

Orangepace and Finwad32 like this.