College Hoops Sim League Thread | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

jekelish

Living Legend
Since SOME PEOPLE didn't like the hoops stuff in with football...the nerve!...I decided to branch off and start a new thread here. Mainly because I still want to talk about the WhatIfSports hoops dynasty, even though I'm not in the same conference as you guys but have set up future non-conference games with several of you.

My team won its first exhibition game 59-57, with my senior shooting guard scoring 30 and knocking down 8 threes. I was hoping for a bigger margin of victory since my average player rating is 479 and the opponent was 414...since I was playing on the road I assume that had SOMETHING to do with it, but it'll still take some getting used to tweaking coaching strategies and practice schedules and playing times and so forth.

Man, I have yet to have a player score 30 points... I'm normally happy with 16 lol.

Keuka beat Gettysburg 60-55. My senior SF brought home 11 points. Noone on my team made a 3.

Next season will be the first season that I can recruit 5 or 6 players. I've learned alot about what kind of players to recruit, so I'm really pumped to see my team turn around. I took over an all freshman team, with 6 centers on it. It was real fun :bang:

Ha, well I set the "player distribution" for him to get plays run for him 30% of the time. He did go 11-of-18 overall and 8-of-15 from three so looks like that was a wise decision.

I guess I should be happy that my team that only had four players when I took it over at least had a PG, SG, SF, and C so I had almost an entire starting five.

I've already targeted 7 players for next year for my 4 scholarships that will be open.

Boom! I won my second exhibition game as well, this time against a team with an average player rating of 479. My senior guard, who I'm just going to call my version of G-Mac since he's a 6-0 shooting guard, hit 9 threes and scored 29 points.

Boom! I won my second exhibition game as well, this time against a team with an average player rating of 479. My senior guard, who I'm just going to call my version of G-Mac since he's a 6-0 shooting guard, hit 9 threes and scored 29 points.

Made a few adjustments. 25 from my sg, 16 from my sf. Need to do a little more tinkering, but I'm excited for this year. I have you on my OOC sched. Lets get it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Made a few adjustments. 25 from my sg, 16 from my sf. Need to do a little more tinkering, but I'm excited for this year. I have you on my OOC sched. Lets get it on

Yeah I'm thinking you're gonna work me over. Your team's player rating average is currently 31 higher than mine, and since I'm playing you at your place...yeah, it'll be a tough hill to climb.

And speaking of Keuka, I remember visiting that campus when they were recruiting my brother in high school. He wasn't overly impressed and went to Dickinson instead (before transferring to Elmira - quit playing ball after a year at Dickinson though, his coach was a douche). Good times.

So oof. I got smoked in my first real game, 75-51. And my next game is against a team with an average player rating of 538. That will be fun.
Yeah. My second game was against a ranked squad... They destroyed me. Have another ranked squad tomorrow... Not looking forward to it.

The weird part is that I played the team with the 538 average rating and only lost by 11 today. So the team that has a worse average rating DESTROYED me, but the team I'm far worse than on paper really only just kind of edged me?

Weird.

The weird part is that I played the team with the 538 average rating and only lost by 11 today. So the team that has a worse average rating DESTROYED me, but the team I'm far worse than on paper really only just kind of edged me?

Weird.
Taken to the woodshed by the second ranked team as well... Back to the drawing board.

Woo! Finally broke through with a win so now I'm 1-5. Look out world, I feel at least three or four wins coming on this season!

I won two my first season, around 14 my second. It gets better lol. I'm 4-2 right now

Sitting at 3-3 w/ losses to 2 top 15 teams, I feel poised for a run to 7-3 prior to conference play. Here comes Alfred boys

Sitting at 3-3 w/ losses to 2 top 15 teams, I feel poised for a run to 7-3 prior to conference play. Here comes Alfred boys
Well... eating words sucks... 3-4 and back to the drawing board. Should have won this last one.

5-2, finally beat an above average team. Finally getting some solid numbers out of my guys. Only player below a 3.0 GPA by the way. We've been hitting the books up here at Keuka.

5-2, finally beat an above average team. Finally getting some solid numbers out of my guys. Only player below a 3.0 GPA by the way. We've been hitting the books up here at Keuka.
One player below a 3.0?? wow. All the players I inherited are all below 2.2. Doesn't matter to me much anyway... I'm coaching guys to be European pros, not rocket scientists.

Meanwhile only two of my players are above 3.0, but of the four guys highlighted as potential risks two are seniors and the other two are freshmen who barely play and are at 2.3, so it's not THAT much trouble for me. As long as I have my two seniors for the second semester I don't really care if they pull horrible grades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom