College Station, TX | Syracusefan.com

College Station, TX

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Heading there this weekend for my Wife to look at an International Affairs program they have. Anyone ever been? My friend that lives in Austin said it's a bunch of hillbillys but I assume that at least the A&M area has to have a decent amount of things to do.

That program is at the Bush School, right?

I've been, to visit a buddy at the Bush School. As an unabashed lover of college towns, I thought it was great. Kind of drab, definitely a big land-grant type of campus with ugly 1950s architecture, but they had some OK bars and restaurants and the people were friendly. Also, regardless of political persuasion, I thought the Bush Library was terrific.

For 'Cuse folks, there's a very Chuck's-esque bar on the main drag. It's called Dixie Chicken. Total dive, cheap Shiner pitchers, decent burgers. Worth sticking your head in the door, at least.

That program is at the Bush School, right?

I've been, to visit a buddy at the Bush School. As an unabashed lover of college towns, I thought it was great. Kind of drab, definitely a big land-grant type of campus with ugly 1950s architecture, but they had some OK bars and restaurants and the people were friendly. Also, regardless of political persuasion, I thought the Bush Library was terrific.

For 'Cuse folks, there's a very Chuck's-esque bar on the main drag. It's called Dixie Chicken. Total dive, cheap Shiner pitchers, decent burgers. Worth sticking your head in the door, at least.

Yep it is. She's about as far from a Bush supporter as possible but the program is highly regarded. She's meeting with them now and I'm wandering around so guess I'm heading over to Dixie Chicken!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom