Commute to the dome from downtown on game day

What's the board's recommendation on the easiest/best way to travel to the dome on game days from downtown Syracuse?

I'm an alum and returned to Syracuse for a job. I never had to commute to the games as a student since I always walked in from campus. Any sight would be greatly appreciated!

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
What's the board's recommendation on the easiest/best way to travel to the dome on game days from downtown Syracuse?

I'm an alum and returned to Syracuse for a job. I never had to commute to the games as a student since I always walked in from campus. Any sight would be greatly appreciated!
Depends on where you are considering downtown. Armory Square is less than 2 miles away, so it's possible to Uber/Lyft or even walk. Some bars have shuttles as well.

Ish88888

All American

I'm an alum and returned to Syracuse for a job. I never had to commute to the games as a student since I always walked in from campus. Any sight would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE

We had that 8-12 years ago. The armory bars, the train, it all worked and the vibe was great. Its different now. The tailgating in random lots...its weird.

PAcuse

All Conference
We used taxi's the first year we went and didn't have much trouble using them. Last year we drove over and parked at the one school neat the dome, can't remember the name, but both ways where fine.

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
We used taxi's the first year we went and didn't have much trouble using them. Last year we drove over and parked at the one school neat the dome, can't remember the name, but both ways where fine.
You can park here. Sometimes it is free, sometimes $5. Easy walk to the Fine Lot too...

Google Maps

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
I'd say Uber/Lyft is the easiest thing to do now if you don't want your car there. Park at a Wegmans and get picked up there!

UnknownOrange

All Conference

Hotel Syracuse does a pre game shuttle if you park there and I think it's like $5 - best way to do it

Ish88888

All American
Depends on where you are considering downtown. Armory Square is less than 2 miles away, so it's possible to Uber/Lyft or even walk. Some bars have shuttles as well.[/QUOTE
Bring. Back. The. Train.
Geeez that train was great, alot of memories there. Pj dorseys would be a great pregame spot with alot of juice and vibe, too.

Top Bottom