Complete and total exoneration! | Syracusefan.com

Complete and total exoneration!

avenatti is a blowhard but this comment was pretty awesome:

"The documents and the hard evidence do not lie. Zion Williamson was paid to attend Duke. [Coach Mike Krzyzewski] has made and facilitated payments to players for years. And when the truth comes out -- and eventually it will -- Coach K and Duke's reputation will forever and rightfully be tarnished.

"And if what I'm saying is untrue, I challenge Coach K and Duke University to file a defamation lawsuit against me tomorrow and we can let the chips fall where they may."

You'd have to be incredibly ignorant to believe the top players aren't getting paid impermissibly.

wheelhouse

tenor.gif

Shocking. Just like Duke found nothing in Maggette’s case, or in the guy (forget his name) with the $50,000 jewelry. They couldn’t find the earth under their feet.

NCAA statement

"Due to our agreement with Duke University to continue to bless us with it's membership, we fully accept it's findings in the Zion Williamson matter.

Furthermore, to make up for the time and expense of interviewing coach K for 15 minutes, Duke will be playing its next 15 first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament in the state of North Carolina.

The NCAA wholly apologizes to Duke for any inconvenience caused by this matter, or due to having to take a bus away from campus to play NCAA games."

On one hand I think the rules are totally stupid. If a top prospect can be paid by a shoe company that is fine with me. It's not like these shoe companies have relationship with only 1 school. They promote with several, Not allowing them to be paid, is simply NCAA corruption -- trying to keep money within institutions and away from players at all costs.

On the other hand those are the rules for now, So Duke's "investigation" is equally stupid and ludicrous.

On one hand I think the rules are totally stupid. If a top prospect can be paid by a shoe company that is fine with me. It's not like these shoe companies have relationship with only 1 school. They promote with several, Not allowing them to be paid, is simply NCAA corruption -- trying to keep money within institutions and away from players at all costs.

On the other hand those are the rules for now, So Duke's "investigation" is equally stupid and ludicrous.
They will direct players to the schools with the highest Q ratings and viewership.

They will direct players to the schools with the highest Q ratings and viewership.

Oh please, the NCAA is already ridiculously imbalanced and has been forever. Whether a kid gets a shoe deal or not will not change things. "Competitiveness" is only a reason they use to hoard all the money to themselves and not give any benefits to players.

Until Duke and Kentucky win every national title there is no problem. And its not like every kid chooses to go there because they cheated. Like it or not they are good brands,,, just like us, although at a lower level -- which is why we do better than 75% of other P5 schools (historically)

I recall a picture of top of the line cars belonging to Duke players. I was pretty convinced the photo was legit. The insinuation was how did the players afford these cars?Does anyone remember this? Was there a rationale for the cars? Must have been 10-15 years ago.

I have completed my investigation into reports that SU got destroyed at Maryland yesterday on the football field and am happy to report that I have found no evidence to support those spurious and damaging claims.

I challenge you all to look deeply at things that you find troubling. A thorough investigation followed by a firm denial is liberating, cleansing and even truth defining.

Isn't this the lesson that 45 has been trying to teach us?

It is usually characters with lack of same who have the goods and go public--Remember Joe Valachi?
All jokes aside, attorneys are supposed to be better than that. He is not a participant, he's the attorney.

All jokes aside, attorneys are supposed to be better than that. He is not a participant, he's the attorney.
I think, in his own mind, he's much more than an attorney. Seems that's the gestalt of today's politics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom