Conference affiliation | Syracusefan.com

Conference affiliation

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
This thread has been locked by me (just by thinking about it) and is not open to further replies.

Oregon-Trail-810x477.jpg

oldpinepoint

All American
We should have hitched our wagon to Penn State. Rutgers is in a better spot than SU in sports. We hate to admit it but PSU is the big dog in Northeast football. Now we wait to see how it all shakes out. I'm too old to go through this.
Money doesn’t fix incompetence

Bayside44

We should have hitched our wagon to Penn State. Rutgers is in a better spot than SU in sports. We hate to admit it but PSU is the big dog in Northeast football. Now we wait to see how it all shakes out. I'm too old to go through this.

Going to Iowa, MN, Nebraska isn't good for SU.

We don't recruit players in the midwest, we don’t have alumni and fans there, we don't get student in the B1G footprint.

Last edited:

HRE Otto IV

All American
I just want a Northeast schedule. I foresee the P5 going no FCS and 10 P5. The the ACC's case that will be 8 ACC games + 2 ND/OOC. So over a 6 year period I would like to see...

P5 OOC
ND H/A
PSU H/A
WV H/A
MD H/A
RU H/A
ULCA/ASU/Stanford H/A

That gives us a game in the Chicago area once in 6 years, a game out West once in 6 years, and 4 road trips in the Northeast. The first 2 will help engage alumni while the latter will help recruiting with "local" games.

G5 OOC
Army H/H/A/A
Temple H/H/H/A
UConn H/H/H/A

I would like to add Navy but that can't happen while they are in the AAC. The above gives us another 4 road games in the Northeast, so easy travel for fans and player families.

This would yield over 6 seasons...

52 Northeastern games (8.67 per season)
13-14 Southern games (2.25 per season)
4-5 Florida games (0.75 per season)
1 Midwest game
1 West game

or

38 games in CNY
6 games in NC
4-5 games in FL
3 games in Boston, VA, WPA
2 games in lower HV
1-2 games in ATL, KY, SC
1 game in Chicago area, CPA, CT, EPA, MD, NJ, out West, WV

So 2/3 to 3/4 of our schedule will be Northeastern games

Cajovalley

Walk On
Of course SU is better off inthe ACC but the ACC isn't going to exist after the GOR is up. I just want us not to be UCONN.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Of course SU is better off inthe ACC but the ACC isn't going to exist after the GOR is up. I just want us not to be UCONN.
Syracuse controls their own destiny

1. Become a Top 40 program in FB and stay as a Top 10 program in hoops
2. Average 40K in FB and 20K+ in Hoops
3. Play the NIL game at a P5 level
4. Improve the University's Academic Reputation

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Shalala graduated Maxwell around 1972.

AlaskaSUfan

Walk On
Penn State didn’t really have interest in SU attaching to them. Paterno just wanted all the games at home sans one and Jake balked as he should have. After that crickets and nothing to hook up to hitch wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC44SU5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom